Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

No Start, constant buzzing, ASD Relay

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 02:12 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Default RE: No Start, constant buzzing, ASD Relay

The wire from the PCM to the fuel pump relay is BR/W (PCM connector 3 pin 19). I don't see the wire from the relay to the pump on the schematic so I can't tell you that color. But if you look at the wires going to the fuel pump relay (or the connector under the driver's seat)it should be easier to figure out now that you know it at least won't be the BR/W one. The wire from the PCM to the fuel pump module (float) inside the tank is DBL/W (PCM connector 3 pin 26). There should also be a black wire and a BL/LBL wirerunning through that connector that goes to the module as well. The remaining 4th wire is likely the one bringing +12v to the pump.

What's the deal with just the tranny relay not having pins30 to 87 continuity? Pins 30 and 87 are supposed to be normally open, so if you have no battery connected then there shouldn't be continuity between those pins on any of the relays.

That fluid leak has to be either washer fluid, gas or coolant. Those are the only fluids that can appear to be green depending on the color of the surface it's spilling onto.

There are places that will take your PCM and recondition/repair it for around $300 if it come down to that. Not cheap, but it's better than a new $600 one.

Old 05-12-2007, 06:06 PM
ejimcruz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The short is somewhere in the ignition connections.. I narrowed down to a red cable with a black stripe it does goes to PCM/ECM it goes inside the firewall.. It is not the ignition switch.. according to power box outside the van inside the engine compartment is the 30Amp Batterry feed. when checking for short from ground to 30AMP battery feed it beeps. (continuity).. WHen check for short from 87 splice connection on relays (ignition) to ground it beeps... Shorted..

Old 05-12-2007, 08:47 PM
ejimcruz

The wire red with black stripe does not goes to PCM/ECM.. Directly.. It doesn't...

Old 05-13-2007, 03:22 PM
alloro
Dodge Forum Moderator

Maybe the short is in the relay/power distribution box itself. You might have to unbolt it and flip it over to inspect for corroded or melted connections.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:02 PM
ejimcruz

PCM/ECM Shorted and Interior Light convertion panel relay defective.
You were right Alloro.. Thanks!
Erick

Old 10-28-2015, 01:39 PM
Zsoyka90

I have the exact same problem how did u actually fix this

Old 10-28-2015, 04:05 PM
alloro
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Zsoyka90
I have the exact same problem how did u actually fix this
It sounds like he must have replaced the relay or perhaps the whole fuse panel.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:35 PM
Zsoyka90

Originally Posted by alloro
It sounds like he must have replaced the relay or perhaps the whole fuse panel.
Tried swappin relays around still clicks like crazy. Took off the positive line in. Guess I should pull the fusbox next???

Old 10-29-2015, 01:00 PM
alloro
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Zsoyka90
Tried swappin relays around still clicks like crazy. Took off the positive line in. Guess I should pull the fusbox next???
I'm saying yes only because it worked for the other person and you said you have the exact same issue. If any of your symptoms are different or you have a different vehicle then you could have a different issue.

Old 09-13-2019, 03:40 AM
GETTOyantero
Default i didn't understand what was done to fix the issue

Originally Posted by alloro
I'm saying yes only because it worked for the other person and you said you have the exact same issue. If any of your symptoms are different or you have a different vehicle then you could have a different issue.
I have the same exact symptoms. I didnt quite catch what fixed the issue. thank you

Quick Reply: No Start, constant buzzing, ASD Relay