Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

2000 Ram Van No Start, problem-solution

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 06:32 PM
francois74
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Ram Van No Start, problem-solution

Hello All, I have a 2000 Ram 1500 Van with the 5.2 liter.I hope this thread help someone that might be having a similar problem,The van has 49,000 miles on it.Somedays it would run like a champ and other days it would crank,but not start. I tested the pressure on the fuel pump and it was reading almost 50psi. Then I checked all the fuses and the auto shutdown relay and they were fine.I then checked to see if all the injectors were getting power and they were. I then checked for spark. There was little or no spark. I then changed the plugs,wires,rotor and cap. NO FIRE still. I decided to change the crankshaft sensor, but it still didnt work.(when i pulled out the old crankshaft sensor,it was very dirty,a little oil and some small rust in the tip). I the decided to test the ignition coil.I went to take it off the van and noticed that one of the wires on the electrical connector was damaged. Bare wire was coming in contact with metal.I fixed the wire and decided to "humor myself" and see if it would start. Guess what? it DID!!! Happy,Happy,Joy, Joy. It has started for the past two days. I will drive it tommorrow and i am sure it will do fine. Thanks for reading and I hope this can help someone.

Frank Edwards
99 Ram 1500 5.9
00 Ram 1500 5.2 Van
04 Neon sxt
06 Jeep Commander
"Man fears what he can't understand, Hate what he can't conquerer"

Quick Reply: 2000 Ram Van No Start, problem-solution