Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Sputtering, Popping intake, Stall out on sudden throttle advance

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 06:18 PM
deer321
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Problem Old Symptoms

I have a problem with my 03 dodge ram van 1500 3.9 the trouble code is a P0351 primary from ign. coil. Every test chescks out. I replaced thngs that didnt need to be replaced. I switched out the old pcm with one I bought a few years ago chasing another problem and the van ran great for one day. I found my coil was cracked open on the bottom and the bands around it were all rusted and spliting open. replaced it and no change in condition of the problem. I replace spark plugs and crank sensor and the cam sensor in the dist. Im wandering if the ign coil was so bad that it messed up the pcm because it may have caused a short. Am I forgetting anything? MAP sensor maybe? It checks out on scan tool. No vaccum leaks fuel pump is fine and all realys and filters. Pressure is right on. wiring is fine no breaks in anything or cut wires any place. Plug wires are fine so is cap and rotor. TPS checks out O2 sensors are ok. Two garages cant tell me whas wrong either. About ready to put it in the local river if it was paid for. Also if it is the pcm where can I get one with in reason. Florida has and exchange place but they suck and lie. Junk.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:07 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by deer321
I found my coil was cracked open on the bottom and the bands around it were all rusted and splitting open. replaced it and no change in condition of the problem.
Did you clear the trouble code with a scan tool or by disconnecting the battery for 10+ seconds, after you replaced the coil?

Old 09-20-2011, 02:29 AM
deer321
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep even tried older pcm

Quick Reply: Sputtering, Popping intake, Stall out on sudden throttle advance