Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

B1500 van wet no-start fix

Old 07-28-2009, 10:18 AM
DaveAR15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B1500 van wet no-start fix

1998 b1500 van v6 (v8 same).

Would not start after rain or change from cool weather to warmer, more humid weather. Changed rotor, wires, plugs, checked computer (threw no trouble codes at all), relays, fuel pump, etc. Ignition coil change fixed problem. Over time, the waterproofing coating on the laminated steel transformer core had cracked and let moisture seep in and condense inside the coil. It was full of hidden corrosion. It checked out fine when dry. Easy two screw replacement, 30 - 50 bucks. try it before going after the expensive stuff.... wish I had. PS check your engine and body ground cables -- I had many electrical problems due to corroded ground cables !! !!

Old 07-30-2009, 06:47 PM
cudajim
Rookie
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good catch. Those darn grounds will do it every time. I once had a chitty cheby S-10 Blazer with all the gauges gone wacky (that's a technical term) and it turned out to be a bad ground under the dash. It was under warranty so I let them fix it but they broke 10 other things.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: B1500 van wet no-start fix