Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1994 B250 - did they come with a remote?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 01:52 PM
oasysco
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 B250 - did they come with a remote?

I have a 1994 Dodge Ram Van 250 that is a MarkIII conversion. I bought it used and it didn't come with a remote for locking/unlockig the doors.

Did these passenger vans come with remotes? How can I find out if my van suppots one and then which frequency it supports?

thanks,
Greg

Old 11-07-2009, 06:02 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Most likely it did not come with keyless remote entry. You can add a remote start system with a keyless entry feature cheap enough.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:15 PM
ptmh

I have a 1995 conversion van - some original docs call it a B250 - some a B2500 - it has a factory keyless remote. Quite sophisticated - if you lock the vehicle and a door is still open - it locks it once it is closed. How do I determine the frequency?

Old 11-07-2009, 10:08 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by ptmh
How do I determine the frequency?
The standard in the USA and Japan is 315 MHz. For Europe, the standard is 433.92 MHz.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:24 AM
TiaraRamVan

yes, i have a 1994 Dodge B250, Tiara Motorcoach conversion, and it has keyless entry. the module is located behind the insturment cluster in the dash. there are two ways to find out if your van has keyless entry without taking the dash apart to look for the module. one, take your V.I.N. to any Dodge dealership service department, and tell them you want a build sheet. its free, and they print it right in front of you.
it will say on there if your van has it. second, look under your dash on the driver side, left side of the steering column. you'll see a wiring harness. if your van has keyless entry, there will be a dark green wire taped to that harness. that wire is the programing wire for the remotes.

as for the correct remote, i used a keyless remote from a 1996 Chrysler LHS car, it has three buttons, LOCK, UNLOCK, and TRUNK. of course, the trunk button don't work on a van, but the Lock and Unlock do.
so i think any remote will work as long as its a TRW brand, and it sould be a square shaped remote, and have the Chrysler pentastar on the center of it.

to program remotes:

1. turn the ignition key to the RUN mode, but don't start the engine
2. take that green wire, and use a jumper wire and ground it (the metal part of the lower steering column works well), you'll need to hold the wire to the ground throughout the process.
3. after you ground the wire with the key in RUN, the power locks will cycle "lock-unlock" once
4. after that press the the lock or unlock button on the remote, and the locks will do either lock or unlock, which ever you pushed
5. after all the remotes buttons are pushed, let go of the wire, and retape it to the same wiring harness
6. your remotes are now programmed, enjoy!

Old 12-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Horton
Rookie

If you can't get a new remote programmed you can get a Viper alarm with door lock/unlock. They go for around $199.00 installed as long as your power locks are working. Mine will unlock all the doors and has auto lock after you start the vehicle. I didn't have the engine kill hooked up though, I don't even want to go there.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:47 PM
StanOBMW

Originally Posted by TiaraRamVan
yes, i have a 1994 Dodge B250, Tiara Motorcoach conversion, and it has keyless entry. the module is located behind the insturment cluster in the dash. there are two ways to find out if your van has keyless entry without taking the dash apart to look for the module. one, take your V.I.N. to any Dodge dealership service department, and tell them you want a build sheet. its free, and they print it right in front of you.
it will say on there if your van has it. second, look under your dash on the driver side, left side of the steering column. you'll see a wiring harness. if your van has keyless entry, there will be a dark green wire taped to that harness. that wire is the programing wire for the remotes.

as for the correct remote, i used a keyless remote from a 1996 Chrysler LHS car, it has three buttons, LOCK, UNLOCK, and TRUNK. of course, the trunk button don't work on a van, but the Lock and Unlock do.
so i think any remote will work as long as its a TRW brand, and it sould be a square shaped remote, and have the Chrysler pentastar on the center of it.

to program remotes:

1. turn the ignition key to the RUN mode, but don't start the engine
2. take that green wire, and use a jumper wire and ground it (the metal part of the lower steering column works well), you'll need to hold the wire to the ground throughout the process.
3. after you ground the wire with the key in RUN, the power locks will cycle "lock-unlock" once
4. after that press the the lock or unlock button on the remote, and the locks will do either lock or unlock, which ever you pushed
5. after all the remotes buttons are pushed, let go of the wire, and retape it to the same wiring harness
6. your remotes are now programmed, enjoy!
This worked like a charm on my 1994 B350. I happened to check the build sheet, and discovered it came with factory power remote locks. I checked under the dash and found the green wire mentioned above, so I was ready to dive in.

I searched ebay for my year and model - no luck. I ended up taking a flyer on a cheap one listing compatibility for 94-96 sedans (LeBaron, Intrepid, Concorde, etc.) from http://www.keylessentryremotefob.com/Default.asp .

It was less than $4 shipped with a money-back guarantee, so . . .

Got it today, followed the instructions above and had a working keyless remote in about 3 minutes.

I would agree that any TRW unit will probably work with the OEM key remote sytem.

AWESOME and THANK YOU!

Old 04-14-2014, 02:31 PM
daguvena88
Professional

Can you post a picture of this green wire and the wire harness its coming from?
Thanks!

Old 04-15-2014, 07:12 PM
TiaraRamVan

Originally Posted by daguvena88
Can you post a picture of this green wire and the wire harness its coming from?
Thanks!

Funny, I totally forgot about this post until I got an email from being subscribed to it. After all, its only been five years
Well, since I have nothing else better to do, I'll get a photo for ya

In these photos, the steering column is the black object on the right, this is looking right under dash above brake pedal. that green wire with the round hole plug is the one you want.

Attached Thumbnails 1994 B250 - did they come with a remote?-2014-04-15-17.48.09.jpg   1994 B250 - did they come with a remote?-2014-04-15-17.48.17.jpg  
Old 04-15-2014, 07:14 PM
TiaraRamVan

Originally Posted by StanOBMW
This worked like a charm on my 1994 B350. I happened to check the build sheet, and discovered it came with factory power remote locks. I checked under the dash and found the green wire mentioned above, so I was ready to dive in.

I searched ebay for my year and model - no luck. I ended up taking a flyer on a cheap one listing compatibility for 94-96 sedans (LeBaron, Intrepid, Concorde, etc.) from http://www.keylessentryremotefob.com/Default.asp .

It was less than $4 shipped with a money-back guarantee, so . . .

Got it today, followed the instructions above and had a working keyless remote in about 3 minutes.

I would agree that any TRW unit will probably work with the OEM key remote sytem.

AWESOME and THANK YOU!

you are welcome, glad I could help even several years later

Quick Reply: 1994 B250 - did they come with a remote?