Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Brake Booster Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 09:17 PM
roberson
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Booster Question

Hello. I read a post from Mobile Auto Repair that mentioned brake pedal hissing and engine stalling while stopping. I am experiencing those symptoms and I was wondering if someone could elaborate on the situation.

1990 B250 318 5.2L

here is the post

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-r...les-rough.html

Thanks in advance!
roberson

Old 03-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Rusty93RamVan
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roberson
Hello. I read a post from Mobile Auto Repair that mentioned brake pedal hissing and engine stalling while stopping. I am experiencing those symptoms and I was wondering if someone could elaborate on the situation.

1990 B250 318 5.2L

here is the post

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-r...les-rough.html

Thanks in advance!
roberson
Hissing sound indicates an air leak, in the case of the power brake booster it would be a vacuum leak. Check for bad vacuum lines and fittings. The diaphragm in the booster unit could be bad, but these usually last a long time. A 1990 van with some miles on it could be a likely candidate for a new booster.

Old 09-26-2014, 06:35 PM
sternbro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Looking for more info about brake booster?

Originally Posted by Rusty93RamVan
Hissing sound indicates an air leak, in the case of the power brake booster it would be a vacuum leak. Check for bad vacuum lines and fittings. The diaphragm in the booster unit could be bad, but these usually last a long time. A 1990 van with some miles on it could be a likely candidate for a new booster.
I had an issue with pulling to the left upon braking and a slightly hard pedal. Replaced the brake line and bled system. No more pulling to the left. Within 20 miles had no pedal at all! Put on a new, bench bled master cylinder, bled the the system. Perfect for 30 miles and then no pedal at all. Re-bled the system. Perfect pedal. 40 miles later no medal at all. Is that the booster?

Quick Reply: Brake Booster Question