Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

AC fan blower and Electric Windows stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 04:57 PM
lltanner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC fan blower and Electric Windows stopped working

Please Help,
Both AC fan blower and Electric Windows stopped working at the same time. Any help very much appreciated.
Dodge Ram 250 Van, 1993, 2.9 Liter engine
I checked all my fuses all appear ok, although appearences can be deceiving, cleaned battery post, shinny bright and tight.
I bought my Van used and don't have an owners manual, so I don't know which fuses or relay's control the AC blower Fan and/or the electric windows, any advice would be deeply appreciated

Old 09-10-2010, 05:59 PM
landyacht318
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you mean a 5.9 liter engine vs a 2.9?

I don't know if a '93 still has fusible links stuffed behind the brake booster, But I know a '92 does, and one of them feeds power to both the blower and power windows.

Now they say a fusible link should not just be replaced but it must be discerned why it blew. I would follow that advice if the vehicle was only a few years old, not over a dozen. If the new replacement fusible link blows instantly, then I would look.

A fusible link is not a regular fuse. It is a slow blow type fuse, and actually a length of wire with thick and soft insulation. It should stretch out and look burnt, but sometimes they just corrode internally.
http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/electrical-links.html

http://www.whiteproducts.com/fusible-faqs.shtml

You should also find, clean and retighten all your grounds.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:22 PM
ZmAMaG

My 2003 Ram 1500 is doing the same thing....also my CD player is stuck and will not stop making ejecting noises

Old 09-10-2010, 11:38 PM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

both a 1993 and 2003 having the same issues? Seems like Dodge didn't fix the problem for a decade.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:50 AM
lltanner
Default Thank you very Much!

Thank you very much for your Replies, I'll make the ground connects clean, bright and tight 1st and then replace fusable link if needed,
God Bless,
And thanks agian, very much appreciated

Quick Reply: AC fan blower and Electric Windows stopped working