Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

91 B250 stereo install

Old 05-31-2011, 12:32 PM
Mechanician
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 91 B250 stereo install

A dash kit I ordered from Amazon for $9 arrived and I'm going to install a stereo in the pimp bitch'n.

(OH! The pimp bitch'n has a gaucho set of benches and a bed now. Both benches are 77" and go front to back over each wheel well. One bench is a narrower foot rest at about 17" deep and the opposite bench is about 27" depth. Both are about a foot tall. The backrest for the bench is two feet: when converted, the back rest sits between the benches for a big bed platform. PIC attached.)

I'm going to set a box speaker in each storage bench and a couple of 6" round speakers in the doors.

I removed the dash and cut the bucket out of it. Then screwed on the face plate...

I found two stereo plugs right there where the stereo will go. Set up by the factory for the option. But the stereo plugs lead directly to the wiring harness and from there I don't know where they go.

Does anybody know where the other end of the front and rear speaker wires end up? I would assume the front speaker wires would be at each end of the dash but digging around under there I've come up with nothing but a bunch of mystery connectors not connected to anything. And none of them are the speaker wires. As for the rear, I have no clue. I don't think they're already routed to the rear in the bundle that runs under the driver's seat?

Cheers,
MechAttachment 13196

Last edited by Mechanician; 11-23-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:51 PM
zawalis
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They most likely used a standard harness which included wiring for the premium stereo option. This had a separate amp buried in the back of the dash (which you, aparently, do not have). Get a wiring trace tool from the auto parts store and you can find where each wire comes from by putting a signal on it and finding that signal at the other end. They are like $10.

Steven

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 91 B250 stereo install