THANX again for your help, blackvan!
I'm glad you intercepted me before I took out the glovebox, lol. I can only think that I must've read that about a Ram truck
, instead of a van........or possibly a different year. Anyway, with the picture you provided, I located the module under the battery try - exactly as you said.
The plastic portion of the tray was relatively-easy to remove, altho a couple of the corroded bolts snapped off (there's a lot of 'em, so 2 won't be missed). The support bracket underneath was "less fun"
- especially that rear nut. Anyway, after it was outta the way, I removed the two module retaining screws (Torx head) so I could more-easily access the two harness plugs and the module itself.
Unfortunately, both plugs were clean/dry and the module pins appeared nice and "shiny"......so I reassembled the plugs onto the module a couple of times (on/off, on/off, etc.) and just let it "dangle". I then reinstalled a much-smaller "shop" battery (without the tray and support) on a pile-o-rags, so I could take a brief road test......hoping that the removal and re-installation of the harness plugs might have fixed a poor connection. I didn't wanna bolt everything back in place, only to find later that the module or nearby solenoid-valve-"pack" were fubar.
No luck (same prob). Sooooooo...........yesterday, I threw in the towel, researched scanners online and ordered one of
from Amazon. I'm an "Amazon Prime" member, so I get free 2-day shipping and it'll be here tomorrow. Side note: It's amazing how much scanners have increased in ability and dropped in price since I purchased my Auto X-ray OBD2 scanner 10-ish years ago for much more money.
Anyway, when it arrives, I'll scan the van and let y'all know what I find. THANX again for your help!
C'ya - RAY