Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Door compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 04:30 PM
javataur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door compatibility

As anyone who's seen the pics of my van know, i need a pair of side doors. Problem is finding any out here, let alone any that aren't already rotten, since its a 92. That said, will the later ones fit? I've been able to find more than a few third generation B series in the junk yards that are rust free.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:22 PM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The side barn doors from 1994-2003 will not fit. Only the pop-out windows fit. I've already tried to size up a pair up from the older era your van is from. My pull-a-part yard has so many 1980s to early 1990s Ram Vans.

Old 11-24-2013, 03:57 PM
javataur

Originally Posted by stev
The side barn doors from 1994-2003 will not fit. Only the pop-out windows fit. I've already tried to size up a pair up from the older era your van is from. My pull-a-part yard has so many 1980s to early 1990s Ram Vans.
Boy, i should consider coming out there, can't find any parts here in STL, might try East St Louis, there's a yard out there. Looking for a roof as well as doors.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:25 PM
Mobile Auto Repair
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roof and doors? I hate to say this but it may be time to retire the van. Replacing a roof on one of these is not for the home mechanic, it is a body shop job and very exspensive at that.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:35 PM
Tommy555
Professional

Probably not a great fix, but you might consider just adding some silicone sealant to small holes in the roof as a semi-permanent fix. I don't know how bad the condition of the roof on yours is (post a picture?) (roof rust or just dented?), but I've done this to several work vans with small rusted out areas (not my conversion van as the roof is excellent there). It might be something to consider, anyway.

Last edited by Tommy555; 11-25-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:03 AM
javataur

Originally Posted by Tommy555
Probably not a great fix, but you might consider just adding some silicone sealant to small holes in the roof as a semi-permanent fix. I don't know how bad the condition of the roof on yours is (post a picture?) (roof rust or just dented?), but I've done this to several work vans with small rusted out areas (not my conversion van as the roof is excellent there). It might be something to consider, anyway.
Actually i'm thinking of installing the roof off a custom van to increase my cargo capacity. Yes, i'm crazy.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:04 PM
stev
Record Breaker

My roof about 2 years back was just starting to show surface problems. I took naval jelly, polished down to the sheet metal, primed and then applied Rustoleum Truck Bed Liner compound to the entire roof rail around the top. It's still holding very well. As for the lower part of the van, I have lost the war on rust. I either need a replacement Ram Van while using mine as the donor or junk the Ram Van I got.

Since the Cash4Clunkers program, the number of Ram Vans has dropped considerably in the market place. I have searched steady now for two years with no success for a 1998-2003 B2500 with a 5.2L either in HD or standard frame setup.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:52 AM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Stev,
I got the '01, 5.2, B2500 HD frame for you. It is running strong right now after new Jasper tranny and plugs, wires, cap and rotor installed about 5K miles ago. I have done all of your MPG tips. I will be using it for long distance vacation travel for sure until the fall of '14. I pull a small popup with it. Around that time, I may be looking to get another vehicle. I live just south of Cincinnati, and Nashville is not that far away. Keep it in mind.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:34 AM
stev
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by rsdata
Stev,
I got the '01, 5.2, B2500 HD frame for you. It is running strong right now after new Jasper tranny and plugs, wires, cap and rotor installed about 5K miles ago. I have done all of your MPG tips. I will be using it for long distance vacation travel for sure until the fall of '14. I pull a small popup with it. Around that time, I may be looking to get another vehicle. I live just south of Cincinnati, and Nashville is not that far away. Keep it in mind.
That is a thought.

3 hours up the road indeed.

My 01 is a 12-passenger. But I can also accept a bench seated Ram Van 8-passenger and just bolt down the rear bench seat like it is already.

Quick Reply: Door compatibility