Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Leaking dodge van

Old 09-18-2014, 07:46 PM
arthur1920
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update

Ok,
found a leak under the cowl. All the way over under the fender where there is a lip.

Sealed that up. Better. Rain still leaks.

So in desperation I siliconed the outer windshield surround. Next rain still leaked.

Then I put silicone on the fender tabs that wrap around and are tack welded..look between door and fender, to left of door hinges.

Then I noticed the leading edge of the hinges might not be calked. I didnt wan to take off the doors so I used one of those rubber sealant sprays, spraying through a hose.

Also sprayed a little at the bottom of this area in case it was leaking into the bottomof the A post.

I also put a dab of silicone on the end of each outer drip rail, trying to direct that stream of water away from the door/fender gap.

It's looking better had a light rain That's where we are at now. Waiting for next good rain.

Still have a tiny leak at base of steering colum and at heater duct/firewall on pass side.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:09 AM
arthur1920
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update update

got a several day drizzle.

Still have leak into A post, high up. (have towel stuffed up high in post) But, it is much less than I started with.
If I had some one to help I would pull of the door and really seam seal the area. I can't be sure I have gotten all of it just from opening the door.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Leaking dodge van