Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Headlight questions: Re-wire Headlights directly from the battery

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 03:42 PM
MarkofCain
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by landyacht318
What did you order from the scum?
I ordered some high wattage halogen bulbs. Ordered them 10 days ago. Not a word. I started emailing and calling -- phones disconnected. No response. I have recourse through paypal -- but I'd rather have the bulbs. Their website is fully functional. If it's a one man operation, tragedy could have happened in his family -- if that's the case, I'll cut him lots of slack.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:45 PM
MarkofCain
Rookie

Originally Posted by landyacht318
I made my own harness from some Ancor 3 wire marine 12 awg sheathed cable, and some new h4 pigtails with 12 awg leads
My wiring harness is in -- custom made with 12 AWG. My lights are so much brighter. The difference is nearly night and day. It was an expense and effort well worth it. I recommend it.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:51 AM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Reopening this thread...

MarkofCain, do you have a parts list or part numbers and any additional info on relays, harnesses or any other specific info on where/what/how you accomplished this headlight update?

thx in advance

Old 11-18-2015, 04:43 PM
MarkofCain
Rookie

Originally Posted by rsdata
Reopening this thread...

MarkofCain, do you have a parts list or part numbers and any additional info on relays, harnesses or any other specific info on where/what/how you accomplished this headlight update?

thx in advance
I should have some part numbers for the relays and maybe a diagram of what I did. I'm traveling now and will be back home after Thanksgiving. I'll see what I can find when I get back home.

Quick Reply: Headlight questions: Re-wire Headlights directly from the battery