Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

When I try to put gas in my van...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 05:22 PM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default your previous posts

I went back and looked at your posts from January on...

But before you go replacing the fuel pump for the second time, I'd suggest getting a the right PCM/ECU/computer. You don't have the right one to begin with. Call a dealership with your VIN and get the right part number. Cardone remanufactured are recommended on these forums pretty often. I've seen a number of places that allow returns on them if it doesn't resolve your issue.
Like Blackvan and several others have said... get the right computer chip in there... computer chips RUN these engines and instruments... you HAVE to get the RIGHT one for the van to 1/2 way run correctly!

Old 07-16-2014, 09:12 PM
02 Ram Van 1500
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My experience when that happens is that the gas is backing up the filler neck. When the pump filler nozzle gets contact with gas backing up, the switch in the nozzle cuts off the flow so gas doesn't back up on the ground creating an explosive atmosphere. Air has to escape from the tank in order to give room for the liquid.

Look for a crimped filler hose and also check for a vent return line that may be plugged/crimped so that air can't release from the tank as gas is flowing into the tank. I don't know if the vapor recovery system or charcoal canister system, if you have one, could cause this. I have heard of a blocked canister but I don't know what the symptoms were. It may have filled up with vapors that condensed into liquid form.

Quick Reply: When I try to put gas in my van...