Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

combination vlave replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 02:00 PM
captain wow
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OKAY THEN
thanks daguvena88

I HAD A GOOD LOOK AT THE DRUMS, COMPARED THEM WITH EACH OTHER.. Everything seems spot on.
Thought id leave them for a minute and re-bled the fronts.

The front right gave a lot of air bubbles, like more air than should fit in the line!, i suspected it was a getting in at the bleed screw so gunked a load of vaseline around it but still lots of air came out.
The air slowed up but I still suspect the bleed screw was letting it in.
anyway, i then did the left side and then ran the truck and tried the brakes. now i can't be sure of the fronts but the rear is still jacked up and now they're both stopping!! huzza. the left seems to still be a bit better than the right but at least they are both stopping now..

weird thing is i don't see how air in the front right line should affect the rear right only?
The pedal is not as firm as id expect it still..pretty much goes to floor with engine running.
Its dark now so tomorrow ill get a friend to go round all bleeders one more time and ill teflon tape that suspect bleeder.
anyone use teflon on brakes? I'm only gonna use it on the top threads... why don't they make a brake system equivalent of teflon tape!?

Quick Reply: combination vlave replacement