Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Rear A/C Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 05:29 PM
BilltheDrummer94
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear A/C Issue

Hello all,

Been awhile since I've been on here.
Over a year ago I picked up a little toyota 4 banger and it's since been my daily driver.
I still love (and drive) my Ram Van though. I don't however love the state of decomposition it's in. (Nickel and dime)
Recently I started noticing small puddles of coolant on the ground aft of the drivers side door. Under closer inspection it appears the aluminum underbody plumbing for my rear A/C has rotted out.
I'm wondering if there's a cheap, non permanent way to disable the rear A/C so I don't have any coolant loss. I've already put two water pumps in this bus and I'm worried this could cause me to need another. It's been making a hissing noise on and off when driving it so I'm thinking I'll need to pull a relay or fuse or something too along with blocking off the coolant tubes. Pretty sure the tubes are dealer only parts and the guy here quoted me like 2 and some change for them. I can't afford to drop that much right now but am worried about running it the way it is.

Also on another note I took a 5 hour trip recently and part way through was getting a 443 code. The engine was acting weird. (which has pretty much become business as usual for this van)This particular trip it seemed like it kept dropping down a gear. The enigne sounded like it was revving higher and it did this randomly. (makes sense if I were climbing a hill etc but this was even when going down hills/ level ground.) It did this high rev thing on and off and really frequently.
Of late, I've expericenced a slight pulling when driving and when I stick it into park or neutral the idle speed fluctuates as if I'm revving it. Lean condition perhaps? The last time I tried replacing the IAC and TPS it wouldn't want to start after the swap. I'm thinking this is because I have the P0601 error code... Ideas?

Thanks,
Bill

DODGE:

Design Of Diabolical German Engineers

Old 07-26-2014, 06:07 PM
blackvan
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last edited by blackvan; 07-09-2016 at 10:17 AM. Reason: removed by me

Quick Reply: Rear A/C Issue