Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

99 dodge ram3500 p340 code

Old 08-17-2014, 08:43 AM
Jdizzel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 dodge ram3500 p340 code

So check engine light comes and goes got it read several time reading a p340 code which is a camshaft positioning sensor. Went to several different parts stores heard everything from not available to your vehicle isn't equipped with such device even dealer only part. So yesterday went to dodge dealer and the parts guy said there isn't a "camshaft positioning sensor" for my van, said most likely it's a "distributer pickup" and it was $359 and a "special order part" and I would have to pay for it up front and no refunds. My vehicle is a 99 dodge ram 3500 van with 143xxx miles. The van starts up no problem first thing in the am but when I stop at the store or a customers house and get back in to start it, it just cranks and cranks then finally starts after turning several short intervals also engine has a oil leak somewhere. I was also told its possible oil is leaking on to one of the spark plugs which would cause it to misfire and not start.

Old 08-17-2014, 11:37 AM
sparkzz
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...mString=search

Last edited by sparkzz; 08-17-2014 at 11:41 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 99 dodge ram3500 p340 code