Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Doghouse on a Chrystar conversion

Old 09-06-2014, 04:57 PM
Strahan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doghouse on a Chrystar conversion

Hi. I was all hyped up to buy a 99 B250, but it turned out to be a bit crappy when I looked at it. So I found myself buying a 93 B250 Chrystar conversion instead. Much nicer, I'm pretty happy with it.

However.. one thing drives me nuts. The doghouse has various doors for storage. One of them doesn't latch right so when I accelerate it drops open. I was curious.. does this (see attachment) look like the same stuff a stock B250 has, or did Chrystar do something to customize it? I'm hoping it's stock so I can maybe get replacement parts to fix it.

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Doghouse on a Chrystar conversion-2014-09-05-14.22.34.jpg  
Old 09-07-2014, 01:33 AM
MarkofCain
Rookie

Originally Posted by Strahan
does this (see attachment) look like the same stuff a stock B250 has, or did Chrystar do something to customize it?
that's the same console I have on my 1996 Aero Conversion. It's stock. Here's a link for the one that fits my 1996 B2500. Maybe it will help you find what you need. The diagram says that it's used from 94-97.

https://www.trademotion.com/parts/19...agramCallOut=1

Attached Thumbnails Doghouse on a Chrystar conversion-tb94410.jpg  
Old 09-07-2014, 01:11 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

One of them doesn't latch right so when I accelerate it drops open.
Got a place to lay some Velcro strips to keep it closed?

Old 09-07-2014, 07:39 PM
MarkofCain
Rookie

Originally Posted by alloro
Got a place to lay some Velcro strips to keep it closed?
Good idea. or I was thinking perhaps a tiny neodymium magnet super glued with a corresponding glued flat washer.

http://amzn.com/B001KUWM3C

Old 09-07-2014, 10:54 PM
Strahan

Thanks. I'm glad to hear it's stock. Of course, when I found the stock part on one website it was listed at $60. I don't think it's a $60 problem, lol. Some guy on eBay is selling one for $125! Ouch. I was thinking of getting something like a bathroom medicine cabinet uses:

The cylinder would rest against the part you push down to open the door. Problem with mine is the part you push down to unlatch it doesn't stay up, so it doesn't hold itself closed. Figured this would push it up and thus have it latch and it would depress when I open it up. *shrug*

Attached Thumbnails Doghouse on a Chrystar conversion-latch.jpg  
Old 09-09-2014, 12:39 AM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. I'm glad to hear it's stock. Of course, when I found the stock part on one website it was listed at $60. I don't think it's a $60 problem, lol. Some guy on eBay is selling one for $125! Ouch. I was thinking of getting something like a bathroom medicine cabinet uses:

The cylinder would rest against the part you push down to open the door. Problem with mine is the part you push down to unlatch it doesn't stay up, so it doesn't hold itself closed. Figured this would push it up and thus have it latch and it would depress when I open it up. *shrug*
Stop by Lowes. In their fastener section they have a few automotive items. There are also some special magnetic latches over there too. Something should work for less than $10.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Doghouse on a Chrystar conversion