Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Fuel pump recommendation?

Old 09-06-2014, 05:24 PM
Strahan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump recommendation?

Hi. The fuel gauge on my 93 B250 is spazzing out. I've read that the sender goes bad and causes this. I figured if my mechanic is going to be dropping the tank, may as well replace the fuel pump too (or are they both integrated into the same unit?). I'm afraid of buying crap parts though, does anyone have a recommendation on a quality unit to get? I'd rather pay more now than have to pay the mechanic to drop the tank in a year or so.

Thanks!

Old 09-06-2014, 11:46 PM
sparkzz
Veteran

I know on the '94 it is an integrated unit. I replaced mine with a Delphi.

Old 09-07-2014, 01:47 AM
MarkofCain
Rookie

Originally Posted by Strahan
Hi. The fuel gauge on my 93 B250 is spazzing out. I've read that the sender goes bad and causes this. I figured if my mechanic is going to be dropping the tank, may as well replace the fuel pump too (or are they both integrated into the same unit?). I'm afraid of buying crap parts though, does anyone have a recommendation on a quality unit to get? I'd rather pay more now than have to pay the mechanic to drop the tank in a year or so.

Thanks!
They're integrated on the '96 B2500. My van needs a new fuel pump every 4 to 6 years. 18 years of ownership and I'm on my 3rd pump (two years running on this pump). I've paid $300 for fuel pumps and $90. Can't tell the difference. YMMV.

BTW, I think the fuel pump may be the poorest engineered part on the van. My pumps don't fail per se -- they stick in the carriage and make the van run out of gas with 1/4 tank of gas left.

Old 09-07-2014, 10:19 AM
funair02
All Star

Spectra Prem...

It works good--for two years now...

it gets loud after being on for 3-4 hours, but no hiccups

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel pump recommendation?