Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1996 ram van 3500 heater defroster actuator questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 12:18 PM
grumpyone
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 ram van 3500 heater defroster actuator questions

Can anyone tell me on a 1996 3500 The heater defroster actuator door: the actuator is rearward of the radio and a little toward the passenger side; one vac line attached and sits vertical; There is an actuator to the left of it but the one I am in question of is the heater defroster actuator;
First do you have to pull the entire heater box out to replace this actuator?? Is the door spring loaded to return??

If you have to pull the entire heater box out to replace : do you pull the entire dash out to do that or is there another way, I have the 1996 book from dodge service manual and it is really not specific on these things, I have had the front of the dash out but no more.
Any info appreciated; And I do understand the leave it as it is, is a big possibility I would just like to fix if possible.
Grumpy

Old 09-30-2014, 10:27 AM
funair02
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on my 02, I had a tech do the blend door and evaporator.
As I remember, it comes out from the front.
As a matter of fact, when I think about it, it has to come out from the engine compartment

Quick Reply: 1996 ram van 3500 heater defroster actuator questions