Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

92 B350 igintion switch not always starting

Old 10-13-2014, 12:25 PM
wpatters129
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 B350 igintion switch not always starting

92 B350 sometimes when I try to start it just makes a click but then other times it starts right up. Always starts really quickly. Not sure if this is bad contacts in the ignition switch on the column or something else. Have checked the battery connections, replaced the neutral switch on the tranny. Sometimes you have to put it in neutral.....this time it was doing it and it would click and then you try again and it starts like there was nothing wrong. I have had this on other cars where it turned out the solenoid on the starter did not make good contact when the contacts as they went forward to engage with the starter and flywheel. Could that be the problem that those contacts are shot? Used to be you could adjust that throw so they made better contact after they wear. Any ideas?

Another question: Can the solenoid that sits on top of the starter be adjusted for worn contacts? Do I have to buy a whole new starter or can I buy just the solenoid and the contacts associated with that?

Last edited by wpatters129; 10-13-2014 at 12:34 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 92 B350 igintion switch not always starting