Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

tv/vcr

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 10:46 PM
rush1981
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tv/vcr

just bought a beautiful 98 ram 1500 mark III van. Everything works except the tv. the vcr works but no picture on the tv. I don't have the owner manual. Anybody out there know how to get the tv out so I could maybe replace it? Seems like it's permanently in place though I know it's not.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:42 AM
funair02
All Star

In my Elk, I had to take out the wood surrounding the TV...

Old 10-21-2014, 04:59 PM
Dennisa.taylor
Amateur

I have a 2000 Ram Van , Mark III and I believe the VCR just lifts out but the TV does need some wood removed by taking out screws. Hopefully you did turn on the TV switch in overhead driver's console? I'm not sure we can get reception anymore with the new digital reception. My VCR never worked and I had planned on installing a DVD player in place of it but haven't got around to it. NOw I pull a travel trailer and prob will never use it.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:39 AM
funair02
All Star

guys -

If you want to use your old TV you will need to get a digital converter box. Now here is the stipulation...because of the Doppler Affect, digital TV does not work while driving. You need a box that supports the M/H (mobile tv) standard...

there are only 3 stations in my area that broadcast in MH...but it is cool to see work
Here is the tuner I bought...in the past few years there have been a few more now to come out...
Amazon.com : BOYO VT-MHC ATSC+ATSC M/H Dual Combo TV Tuner : Vehicle Tv Tuners : Car Electronics Amazon.com : BOYO VT-MHC ATSC+ATSC M/H Dual Combo TV Tuner : Vehicle Tv Tuners : Car Electronics

Old 10-22-2014, 08:17 PM
kinggeo
Default dvd

my tv comes on but how do I run power to my DVD player?

Old 10-22-2014, 10:12 PM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you checked the fuses for the TV? Are there any manufacture markings that you could see on the TV to search the web for information?

for the other person, to make the DVD player work, see if the player and TV supports an RGB cable or a VGA monitor cable. Or even a mixed cable of the two.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:44 PM
MarkofCain
Rookie

In the 19 years I've own an Aero Conversion -- 1996 B2500 -- I have had the TV to fail to power up on a couple of occasions. The power wire connection would melt and break. I would have to take the wood trim off from around the TV, pull the TV and splice the wire.

Mostly we used the TV/VCR combo for long trips with the kids. Although my MIL would sit in the van in the driveway and watch her soaps when she visited -- we didn't have a TV in the house.

Here is a list of TV stations that are broadcasting for mobile devices:

http://www.rabbitears.info/market.php?request=atscmph

Old 10-28-2014, 10:23 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkofCain
my MIL would sit in the van in the driveway and watch her soaps when she visited -- we didn't have a TV in the house.
So what you're saying is that the next time my MIL is over, all I have to do is tell her my TV is broken and she'll go out into my Navigator and watch the TV I have in there instead of hanging out in the house? Holy Cow, who would of thought...

Old 10-28-2014, 11:04 PM
funair02
All Star

Originally Posted by alloro
So what you're saying is that the next time my MIL is over, all I have to do is tell her my TV is broken and she'll go out into my Navigator and watch the TV I have in there instead of hanging out in the house? Holy Cow, who would of thought...
he he he

try it

Quick Reply: tv/vcr