Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1999 Ram 1500 VAN 5.2L Security System PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 07:56 PM
woooou75
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 1999 Ram 1500 VAN 5.2L Security System PROBLEM

I just bought a loaded luxury van designed for camping. It has an security system problem, I am not sure how to fix it. What happens is when I unlock the door with key or transmitter fob the alarm system goes off. The previous owner cut the wire to the alarm siren. The lights blink and the door locks go up and down two or three times. It is just like it has activated its alarm. The only thing that stops it is waiting a minute or two or starting the van. I thought I could find the fuse for just the security system but I cannot find it. Now I am resigned to either paying to have it fixed or removing the entire system. I looked at the fuse box by the battery and on the driver side in the cab to no avail(in finding a labeled fuse for the security system). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I would prefer to do what is easiest. Where is the security system located?

ALSO THE COURTESY SWITCH LIGHT IS BLINKING LIKE CRAZY WHEN THE VEHICLE IS LOCKED UP.
THANKS FOR THE HELP.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:50 PM
dewaynep

Is this an aftermarket alarm system? If so, just remove it.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:49 AM
woooou75

Yes that was exactly the problem. I had it removed for $65 at the local audio store in Dover, DE. Now my cruise control is working and all is good.

Quick Reply: 1999 Ram 1500 VAN 5.2L Security System PROBLEM