Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1997 B3500 Fusible Link

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 01:03 PM
Band Van
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 B3500 Fusible Link

I'm trying to chase down an electrical issue in the B3500 van I just bought. The radio, interior lights, and power mirrors are all inop. They are all on the same circuit. I replaced the 15A mini fuse under the hood (even though it looked good). That didn't work. I've read on here that it may be a fusible link, but I wouldn't even now what color wire to track.

I have ordered a service manual, which will likely help, but if someone could help me diagnose and/or repair this issue, I would greatly appreciate it!

Old 07-21-2015, 05:29 PM
landyacht318
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was under the impression that Dodge had quit using fusible links by that model year.

On my '89 all the fusible links were stuffed behind the brake booster and covered with sticky ugly friction tape.

Check the condition of the bulkhead connector on the firewall. Rainwater loves to run down the firewall and can get inside this connector.

Also inspect the wires and connectors at the base of the steering column where the ignition switch resides. Look for burnt insulation.

Quick Reply: 1997 B3500 Fusible Link