Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Its the water pump

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 08:25 AM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sorry
I guess I got off topic asking about the timing chain
no sarcasm meant

Old 08-01-2015, 03:50 PM
andthatsalrightwithme
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Jfloors.
We got everything back together fine except for my stupidity in not realizing the back side of a radiator is so sensitive which I apparently nicked a few times trying to get the lower half of the fan shroud back in. Good grief!!
I changed 4 of the 8 plugs and wires plus the rotor and D cap just a few months ago but haven't been anywhere to put it on cruise to see if that changed the hiccup.
Why only 4 you might ask? Because as you are aware, the other four are a royal PITA and nearly impossible to get to.
During the end up the water pumps life, there were several times it wouldn't start without keeping my foot on the gas but haven't encountered that so far since.
This will be my 3rd conversion van since 05 and pretty much my vehicle of choice anymore. (verge of homelessness puts you with a desire to own something you could live in if you had to).

Old 08-01-2015, 08:56 PM
JFloors
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by andthatsalrightwithme
Thank you Jfloors.
We got everything back together fine except for my stupidity in not realizing the back side of a radiator is so sensitive which I apparently nicked a few times trying to get the lower half of the fan shroud back in. Good grief!!
I changed 4 of the 8 plugs and wires plus the rotor and D cap just a few months ago but haven't been anywhere to put it on cruise to see if that changed the hiccup.
Why only 4 you might ask? Because as you are aware, the other four are a royal PITA and nearly impossible to get to.
During the end up the water pumps life, there were several times it wouldn't start without keeping my foot on the gas but haven't encountered that so far since.
This will be my 3rd conversion van since 05 and pretty much my vehicle of choice anymore. (verge of homelessness puts you with a desire to own something you could live in if you had to).
When I replaced my radiator last month I did okay not marring the lower half of it, I had mounted the shroud before any lower lines were hooked up.

The upper shroud gave me a bit of trouble, were I to do it again (and I'm assuming I will before to long) n had i been wiser I would'a set it in behind the fan loose away from the radiator, mounted the a/c unit then lifted it into place. Tried as i could to be careful to finagle it in but ended up with a couple light scuffs fitting that stinking shroud in too. Loads of fun, still it looked way less marred than the last radiator installation I had paid a shop to do about 10 years ago.
I ended up pulling both front wheels to get easier access the the 4 front plugs from underneath, definitely a pia! Would be good for you your peace of mind to get them changed out and cross those off the to do list and also to see if they are wearing normal or not...
As for that last part, I've been divorced broke and to the edge of despair, thankful that God knows our needs and provides accordingly, you hang in there!

Quick Reply: Its the water pump