Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Proud new owner of a 2003 Dodge Cargo Van! Need help finding a Few Things! Thanks!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 09:51 AM
ProudDodgeOwner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proud new owner of a 2003 Dodge Cargo Van! Need help finding a Few Things! Thanks!

Hi there. After long searching, I finally found a van I really love. It is a 2003 Dodge Ram Cargo Van 5.2 v8 with Partition and Puck-locks, and it is 103,XXX miles. New front tires, new alignment, 2 year old radiator. I had a hard time finding a cargo van out here in CT that wasn't too punched up. This one seems to have very few small dents, hardly visible to the naked eye, and has some flaking off paint spots. Had to rip up the ENTIRE flooring in the car as the foam underneath was wet and creating rust spots. Seems I got the van just in time the thwart further decay. Has heavy grade roof rack with loops? My previous van was a 2000 GMC safari AWD cargo van, also white, even cleaner looking.

My impression is this: the Dodge van is waaaay nicer than the GM made safari I had. Yet, to my surprise, people online seem to call the Dodge cargo a dog. Not in my experience so far. Here's some basic things I like more about this dodge than my previous van: way nicer, softer contoured seats with armrests (Safari has none, thought the Dodge armrests could be a little longer), cup holders that can actually hold a cup, headlights that can be turned off (the Safari cargo forced the headlights on at all times), thicker steering wheel, internal handles so the hinged doors can be opened from inside (safari cargo does not have door handles on rear), a way more insane AC system with more vents (I've never been around such a cold, powerful AC in a car before). Etc etc.

As far as the ride, I suppose that's not fair to compare since this is a v8 as opposed to a v6. When I drive this van it feels hardier than the Safari cargo did. It seems like the engine is just less flaky than that v6 I was dealing with...but what do I know. I'm only a musician after all. The dodge is a lot more powerful, way slower to steer tho. So yeah, way better steering in the Safari cargo, and the safari had 4 cigarette lighter outlets, the Dodge cargo on mine only has one. Pretty weak, Dodge.

I was hoping the people of this forum could help me with three pertinent issues I am having with this van!

Firstly, I've spent about two weeks hunting for window screens (4) for my hinged doors here and so far can find no info! I need screens like these: http://www.laddersource.com/van_screens.html
The last this van was produced was 2003, so Adrian Steel support for 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 window screens is probably all but gone. Does anybody know what as a substitute will fit in there ? The dimensions of the area in which I can screw around the window are (22-13/16" X 22-13/16") It is very important to me to have these window screens in there for protection!

2) I've attached pictures of my van's partition. I'm wondering if either of these hinge/door handle kits that Adrian steel sells will fit the adrian steel partition in my van? This is the first one I found: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ADRIAN-STEEL-HINGE-AND-HANDLE-KIT-PART-ADPDK1-/161427145978?hash=item2595cec4fa&vxp=mtr
Here's the second one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adrian-Steel-PDK1-Quiet-Partition-Door-Kit-/270765231607?hash=item3f0add8df7&vxp=mtr
Obviously the first one locks because it has a key, but the second one fails to give any pertinent information. So I don't know if it locks at the moment. Currently my center door bolted in and I'd like to get it hinged, swinging, and fully locking. Here's a photo:

3) obviously least important but probably quick and cheap, I'd like to know the best paint I can spray on those flaked off spots. I already have a can of "Arctic white" meant for a Chevy Astro / GMC Safari Cargo van. I tried it, and the Arctic White has a touch of yellow to it, and I noticed Dodge's "bright white" is indeed bright in comparison. Does anybody know the best touch-up paint I can spray there for a white 2003 Dodge Chrysler cargo van? The best match?

Thanks to the forum well in advance for any help I might be able to get here..

John

Last edited by ProudDodgeOwner; 08-11-2015 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:20 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

What's with all of the padlocks...high crime area?

Old 08-12-2015, 02:04 PM
ProudDodgeOwner

What?

Old 08-12-2015, 03:04 PM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by ProudDodgeOwner
What?
Did I stutter? The side and rear doors on the van have padlocks, don't they?

Old 08-12-2015, 03:27 PM
ProudDodgeOwner

I don't care if I'm in the nicest neighborhood in America, I don't trust anybody and I want my stuff locked up end of story lol

Old 08-12-2015, 03:28 PM
ProudDodgeOwner

They're puck-locks by solid steel by Master

Old 08-13-2015, 08:32 AM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dupli-Color spray can and touch-up paint in any auto parts store or WalMart
PW6 is the color (white)
look for a tag on the hood underside when up... there is much info there

I would take a trip to the hardware store for hinges and padlocks for that center door. Specialty equipment for a 12 year old van is going to be hard to find. Maybe some lexan clear plexiglass from Home Depot cut and screwed into the window openings will give you some protection.

I have a cargo van with NO windows in the doors, side or back and would love to swap doors with you...

somehow I think I read you are a musician with equipment to transport?

Last edited by rsdata; 08-13-2015 at 08:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Proud new owner of a 2003 Dodge Cargo Van! Need help finding a Few Things! Thanks!