Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Just got a sweet Ram Van. Anyone know how to make the steering wheel lock?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 10:19 PM
ProudDodgeOwner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got a sweet Ram Van. Anyone know how to make the steering wheel lock?

No kidding, I've had this van about two weeks.....I love it so much. It's a 2003 Safari Cargo van in white. It's like owning a little space ship. But something seems weird to me. I noticed no steering wheel lock. And then about 3 days ago it mysteriously locked! Now, can't seem to get it to lock. I've got to figure something out.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:28 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Not too sure. Corrected the spelling as I am hoping you meant sweet and not sweem. Also, no links in your signature. Against forum rules. Removed it for you. May have a ignition cylinder issue.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:42 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Mechanical failure in the ignition lock mechanism. You'll have to take the column apart to investigate it further.

Old 08-13-2015, 01:45 PM
ProudDodgeOwner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. At least now I have some idea that indeed there is probably a problem. Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: Just got a sweet Ram Van. Anyone know how to make the steering wheel lock?