Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Addition of 2000W inverter

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 08:28 PM
SteveR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Success, 10 minutes of coffee making

The batteries are charging right now, I'll keep an eye on them and see how high I can get the voltage on them with the coach charger. 5 amp in vs 140 amps out so it will take a while. I will also have to keep an eye on the water levels with it, I'm not too sure if I trust it.

Regards, Steve

Old 10-06-2015, 09:44 PM
landyacht318
Record Breaker

0.5 amps will never fully charge t-105s that are depleted below 80%.

0.5 amps is a joke.

Amazon.com: 12v 30a Dc Universal Regulated Switching Power Supply 360w for CCTV, Radio, Computer Project: Computers & Accessories Amazon.com: 12v 30a Dc Universal Regulated Switching Power Supply 360w for CCTV, Radio, Computer Project: Computers & Accessories

This thing can do 36 amps, for 24$

But, it should be kept to 25 amps or less. One can do this via a jewelers screwdriver and keep the voltage delta lower. If it buzzes, back the voltage down until it does not.

Even if you set the voltage to just 13.2v and never changed the voltage, it would blow away the 0.5 amp source you are using now.

BUt basically you have to get the batteries to 14.8v until amps required to hold that voltage taper to about 1.5amp or so, to get them fully charged.

This is my coffee solution:
Amazon.com: Bialetti 6800 Moka Express 6-Cup Stovetop Espresso Maker: Stovetop Espresso Pots: Kitchen & Dining Amazon.com: Bialetti 6800 Moka Express 6-Cup Stovetop Espresso Maker: Stovetop Espresso Pots: Kitchen & Dining

Amazon.com : Coleman Bottle Top Propane Stove : Camping Stoves : Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com : Coleman Bottle Top Propane Stove : Camping Stoves : Sports & Outdoors

Old 10-07-2015, 12:04 AM
blackvan
All Star

Last edited by blackvan; 07-31-2016 at 04:09 AM. Reason: removed by me
Old 10-17-2015, 10:13 PM
SteveR
Captain

I've been looking at Isolators and have found something I am interested in.

There is a Single sense model good for 140 Amps that allows for alternator current to get to the coach batteries:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Voltage-Sens...xT9-sX&vxp=mtr

There is also a DUAL sense that can allow the alternator to charge the coach batteries OR let the coach charger charge the starting battery. I find this to be interesting for vehicles that may not be driven frequently.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Automatic-Sp...aR30vN0AywlLfg

Any thoughts on these? I think they are a great idea compared to the 30 Amp contactor I currently have for charging my coach batteries via the alternator. Less wiring too.

Cheers, Steve

Quick Reply: Addition of 2000W inverter