Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Smells like burning leaves

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 11:56 AM
JFloors
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Smells like burning leaves

The past few days driving there was an inescapable oder of something burning every where I drove and then saturday as I pulled up to the home I was working at a puff of smoke came out of the vents. Inspected all around the engine compartment thinking maybe leaves stuck near the exhaust manifold but nope all clear.
So yesterday decided to check the inside of the evap housing and found my pile of leaves and a couple singed ones stuck in the coils of the blower motor resistor! couldn't get to all the tap screws to lift the whole cover off but was able to get enough to pry it open enough to get a paint brush in there to knock down some of the crud and leaves then shop vac with the skinny nozzle to suck it all out. After that gave it a good squirt with the hose and let it dry out a while.
Put it back together and no more burning smell! Never really thought about having to clean that area out, seems there should be some sort of screen to prevent leaves from getting drawn into there...

Old 10-05-2015, 06:58 PM
SteveR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The front fends of my van also fill up with leaves. There are drain holes with some fabric taped over than just in front of the front wheels that need to be cleaned out. One day I was able to fill my front fenders up to the turn signals and eventually get it all out of there.
If your AC drips for a long time after using it that is why.
Regards, Steve

Quick Reply: Smells like burning leaves