Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

B2500 frame question??

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 12:56 AM
Doc Joe
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iodj44
Why would you assume Ram PU suspension would be identical to a Ram Van?
A B Van likely has a 1000 lbs heavier curb weight and the front axle carries more weight than a PU.

Still not sure why your curious but you can always contact a salvage yard or dealer and they can compare part numbers and tell you which parts are interchangeable.
As I stated earlier, most MFGs want to save money and pulling parts form the parts bin is way cheaper and save a bunch of time. I will call a local salvage yard and ask them what interchanges with my B2500.

I want to do some upgrades to the suspension and if I was a betting man I would say the P/U suspension is direct fit. But if it is not, well then I will do more research and find what I am looking for. Just thankful for web sites like this to help each other out.

Thank you all for your help.

Doc.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:20 PM
SteveR
Captain

If you go onto rockauto.com you can check what parts interchange. Say you are looking for brake pads for YOUR vehicle and you see
"Wagner 7179 INFO"
If you click on 7179 you will get the interchange list
If you click on INFO you will get warranty details and bigger pictures

Old 06-15-2016, 11:56 PM
Doc Joe
Amateur

Well today was a good day to find some info by mistake and it was great news. Found this info and it answered a lot of my questions.

Throughout their life, the B-vans had rear leaf springs and shock absorbers, with an independent coil front suspension. Steering was power recirculating ball, with a tight turning radius for most of the B-vans’ lifespan (ending with the 1998 changes).
Chris Coleman added, “The B-van was a unibody design that used two full-length open U-channels welded to the floorpan to reinforce the body structure. Although the B-van shared components with the Dodge truck line, such as suspension, brakes, driveline, and steering components, it never used a true frame. Like most unibody vehicles, it had a separate bolt-on front K-member to carry the front suspension, steering, and engine.”

If you want to read more about the amazing AB body of the Dodge brothers, here is a link.
http://www.allpar.com/trucks/b-vans.html

Doc.

Quick Reply: B2500 frame question??