Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

How do I remove the seat bolts from the floor

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 02:41 PM
disccopy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I remove the seat bolts from the floor

I have a 2002 1500 conversion van. I removed the middle captains seats as we're using the van for camping. Going to remove the bench seat and build a bed in place of the bench seat bed. I would really like to remove the bolts that held the middle seats in to then make it flat as the nuts are what stick up inside. I admit I have not yet crawled under to see if that is where I can have my hubby get access to them. Any assistance or suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Old 06-22-2016, 03:12 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Probably just reach under there with a wrench.

Old 06-22-2016, 06:18 PM
funair02
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well in my Elk conversion...

The rear bench does fold down into a bed. Most conversion benches do. There is a handle under the seat you pull and then at the same time pull the bottom of the bench forward.

Also in my Elk, the rear bench in bolted down with huge wing nuts. So no wrench is needed.

Now some seats are bolted down with a bolt and nut. You would put the box end of the wrench on the nut. The bolt's top actually needs a 3/8s or so socket and has to be held and you loosen the nut with the box end wrench.

Old 06-23-2016, 08:16 AM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would really like to remove the bolts that held the middle seats in to then make it flat as the nuts are what stick up inside.
I suppose if the nuts are welded to the floor, you can pick up a cheap 4" grinder at Harbor Freight for about $20 and you can grind off the nuts. Poor some water on the carpet around the nut to prevent the carpet from melting or catching fire if you do use a grinder.

Quick Reply: How do I remove the seat bolts from the floor