Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Trans Cooler line Routing

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 05:10 PM
creativegearhead89
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans Cooler line Routing

Hey Ya'll
I'm working on a 3500 5.9L and they have a leaking Transmission Cooler line. When I got under the van to find the leak I noticed that whoever worked in it last cut a huge gap in the fan shroud to route the cooler line through it and its cut into the rubber hose. I've been searching everywhere and can't seem to find a diagram to show me how the hoses are supposed to be run. Any of you have anything that could help me?

Old 06-27-2016, 09:10 PM
funair02
All Star

Are you trying to fix the issue, or put it back to stock?

Putting it back to stock will take original hoses and splicing them back in to the assembly. In reality, this is basically the same thing as fixing what was done.

If I recall correctly, there are steel line that enter the radiator on the drivers side of the radiator. These go back under the engine along the drivers side frame rail to the tranny.

Old 06-28-2016, 01:52 PM
creativegearhead89

I was hoping to fix the issue. They installed an auxiliary trans cooler and that's what causing the funking routing but I'm sure there's a better way to install the hoses. The Leak got bad enough that we ended up just taking a small hydraulic hose and went back to the stock set up (the stock hoses were hard to find around us so we got creative). And the stock trans cooler on these is on the bottom of the Radiator. Ended up spending and hour under the stupid thing while it was running watching for a leak after bypassing the auxiliary cooler.

Quick Reply: Trans Cooler line Routing