Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Possessed Work Van

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 11:30 AM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

David,
use google search on the internet "how to clean IAC Dodge" and you will find a number of articles on accomplishing this...

too bad great write-ups get lost after software upgrades... the pictures are the best part

good luck
rsdata

Old 09-24-2016, 12:12 PM
David DeBord
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rsdata,

Thank You Sir! So far, in the "how to" section of this group I haven't found anything "specific" to the IAC, but have found tips on the plugs, cap etc., & I' going over them in case I did something wrong.

I'm kinda "chompin' at th' bit ", cuz' my work has picked up, & with out the work Van, I can only run limited Service Calls wit my wife's car (She's not happy.), & no installations.

"the pictures are the best part", .... Indeed! It would help "if" I could learn to read too. Lol! I'm kidding.

Again, Thank You rsdata!

Old 09-24-2016, 12:25 PM
rsdata
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am not sure what is going on with this forum this Sat morning, as I am also getting long timed out delays...
but I found numerous videos describing the IAC cleaning on youtube

go to youtube dot com and search for IAC cleaning Dodge... then look for one of the videos that best describes your engine... also on general Google search page, search for IAC cleaning Dodge and see numerous other websites other than this forum that might describe what you are looking for...

rsdata

Old 09-24-2016, 01:59 PM
David DeBord
Rookie
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rsdata
I am not sure what is going on with this forum this Sat morning, as I am also getting long timed out delays...
but I found numerous videos describing the IAC cleaning on youtube

go to youtube dot com and search for IAC cleaning Dodge... then look for one of the videos that best describes your engine... also on general Google search page, search for IAC cleaning Dodge and see numerous other websites other than this forum that might describe what you are looking for...

rsdata
I ran in to that problem several times today, here & on other sites. Maybe it's Global Warming, or Hillary "coughing" again.

Digging in to posts from as far back as 2008 here in the group, I did find several working links to Allpar, Tech sites, & possibly some more in depth manuals. I also did as you suggested about the videos, & I now have about 7 from what appears to be "Professional Sites" where they are wearing uniforms, & using testers & power tools, instead of trying to repair something at a kitchen table. LOL! Some of those videos made me wonder when they were going to start drinking/ smoking something, or if they already had. SMH

Rsdata, Again, ... Brother, Thank You for all of your help!

Old 09-26-2016, 11:06 AM
David DeBord
Rookie
Default Possessed Work Van

I've got somewhat of an Update.

I went to pull the IAC off, & the Torx screws are slightly larger than a #20 is there such a thing as a #21?

I also have determined that my Battery is also bad cuz' it will not hold a charge, (Alternator output is 15 Volts) ... Could this Battery being acting as a resistor while the Van is running, & therefore affecting the Electronic controls, even though it is in Parallel to them?

Once I got the Van started, after about 8 minutes of operation, it again started fiercely making that "Whooshing noise", & I found out that the noise is coming from the port of the IAC, which also was sucking a great amount of air. I also found out that after slowing revving the motor up, that this noise would disappear, which made me think that while I was driving it at "Low range" of 20MPH to 35MPH because of the speed limit in town, that this is why the Van was losing power, where when I got to the 55 MPH limit, & gave it gas, that the "Bogging down" ceased.

Could I be on to something here, or is it just "a dog barking up tree"?

Old 10-03-2021, 11:30 AM
Eddy67
Rookie

Did you ever figure out what the problem was?

Old 10-06-2021, 10:11 AM
RubyVanner
Rookie
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi. I don't know if you fixed this, but I have a 1999 and it exhibited a lot of the same problems until I replaced the battery and the alternator fuse, even though the battery appeared fine per voltmeter upon starting it would lose charge over time without liberal use of the gas pedal.

Also I have the IAC procedures in my service manual if it helps, and models 1998-2003 in theory shouldn't be that different:
Diagnostics:

Removal and installation:

Quick Reply: Possessed Work Van