Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

help needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 03:58 PM
bobwe1
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help needed

I have a 2003 Ram Van 1500. I've never had such a hard time finding info. on a vehicle. Does anyone have info. on if there is an online factory service manual somewhere on the net? Right now mainly looking for electrical diagrams.
I consider myself a pretty savy internet searcher, but this is something completely different. The lack of info. for these trucks makes them seem like a rare vehicle. Whenever I search "Dodge Ram Van", maybe 2-3 relevant things come up, and the rest is for the Ram Pick Ups and Caravans.
I bought a Haynes manual for vans Dodge vans from 1971-2003 and it's almost useless, since it's mostly for vans from the '80s and 90s.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-30-2016, 06:03 PM
JFloors
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's one on Ebay right now for the 03 8th item down, also an 02 in the list. I'd like to find one for my 99

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Dodge/34218/...p2045573.m1684

Edit... opps I goofed, sorry. you asked for an online service manual. I was searching book sets for mine to have and hold and tried yours too.
Best I found on yours is a service manual on CD and the set of 4 diagnostics book manuals. No luck for free online manuals like are readily available for the pickups but did find this one for 19.95 per year from a google search on a youtube post/ad for online Dodge ram van wagon online service manuals, the site it links you to is, but as for being legit... I do not know http://www.repairsurge.com/manual/Do...00%20Van/2003/
As for me, if I'm going to pay for a manual I'd like the hard copy of it. But can see that it may possibly be useful tool and a write off for a shop owner

One thing I'm not sure of is that the book set of the supplement manual is same as the actual service manual, I get the impression they go hand in hand so maybe someone would help clear that up, if this is hijacking I apologize

Last edited by JFloors; 10-30-2016 at 07:12 PM. Reason: oops
Old 10-30-2016, 11:42 PM
bobwe1
Amateur

No problem, I'd like to find out any info possible.

Old 10-31-2016, 09:22 AM
funair02
All Star

I have searched and searched for a Ram Van manual on line and never found any. I ended up just buying the FSMs off of eBay for $45.

This site has everything else though LOL

ftp://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/ma...ice%20Manuals/

Old 10-31-2016, 12:22 PM
bobwe1
Amateur

$45 sounds like a good deal. I'll keep an eye on eBay.

Has anyone ever figured out why there is so little info. out there on these vans. It's crazy! I put on new shocks and had to call tech support at Gabriel because none of the suppliers had any info as to part numbers. Even Gabriel didn't have a part # and the tech told me to order the ones that fit the Ram Van 2500. It's weird, because I see these vans all over the place. There is much more info out there for a Renault Dauphine, and how often do we see one of those.

There's not even much response here on this forum, so I'm a little worried about getting info when something breaks.

Old 10-31-2016, 09:41 PM
JFloors
Veteran

Yer right about lack of response here as compared to other forums (like the trucks) but there is is a good amount of info to read and research around here more than other like forums on our vans. google helps on some stuff too.
If looking for some of your basic replacement parts and such try rockauto.com to view what they have and compare with your local parts stores like napa or autozone so you can be informed. Ask questions here if you need to and hopefully someone will answer. Atleast at rock auto you can see aftermarket parts available and prices, they're legit and cheaper in a lot of cases if you order correctly. I found more than expected just looking at your shocks there... sometimes wording is important, for example, some parts sites call these vans ram van and others call it ram van wagon, B-??? series etc. for example so just be aware of that

Also might help on here if you update your sig. and share what engine and such for the expert guys to help

Last edited by JFloors; 10-31-2016 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:50 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

you can buy a fairly cheap subscription to an automotiveinformation system or other data systems. search it out. some let you buy a cheap subscription for a year for 1 model. others offer a monthly subscription for every model. print out what you need.
michell prodemand
identifix
all data

Old 11-04-2016, 04:28 PM
bobwe1
Amateur

I ended up ordering a 4 book set of FSMs from a seller on eBay. Does not include the Workshop manual though. It was a Dodge dealer and he said he didn't notice the WS manual was missing when he listed, so accepted my offer of 15 bucks, actually he suggested that price.
I just bought and changed my ignition switch and key cylinder. I got them from http://www.partsgeek.com/. They had the best price and the parts where here in 2 days. I'll check Rockauto.com next time too.

Old 11-04-2016, 08:38 PM
JFloors
Veteran

Good deal Bob and nice looking van too, I had an '84 with the 318 that I bought from Dad back in the day, and a '97 shorty with 3.9 1500 before this present '99 3500 and always liked the they look and way it rides . I had found full set of manuals on my 99 too, but procrastinating better get it before gone huh?

Old 11-04-2016, 09:07 PM
bobwe1
Amateur

Originally Posted by JFloors
Good deal Bob and nice looking van too, I had an '84 with the 318 that I bought from Dad back in the day, and a '97 shorty with 3.9 1500 before this present '99 3500 and always liked the they look and way it rides . I had found full set of manuals on my 99 too, but procrastinating better get it before gone huh?
Thanks, this is my first Dodge, so still getting acquainted. I just came across another oddity. Looking for an Accel Tune up kit and wouldn't you know,same issue as with the shocks. The kits I find don't include 2003, and seem to stop at 2002. Isn't a 2003 the same as a 2002? Guess I'll be calling Accel to find out.

Rockauto is the only place that actually says they have kits for 2003 Ram Vans, but don't have Accel.

For the last 14 years I've driven nothing but Toyota trucks so I'm kind of spoiled as far as info and community goes.