Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Anti theft code on none anti theft van

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 08:56 PM
Ccwriter1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti theft code on none anti theft van

I'm needing help. I have an 01 ram van 1500 with 3.9 engine. I was driving along and van shut off. Had it towed in, former dodge dealer mechanic hooked up to van. He gets a message that anti theft has shut down the fuel injectors. My van does not have anti theft on it. He couldn't get the code to clear. Any thoughts, ideas? I'm certainly not a mechanic, but this is the 2nd time van has quit. I replaced the brain and it ran for 2k miles and now this.

Old 11-28-2016, 11:00 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Ccwriter1
My van does not have anti theft on it.
If the van is equipped with a factory keyless entry system then locking the doors with the remote engages the anti-theft system and kills power to the injectors. The ATS would be a separate module from the PCM (brain). Even if you never received a remote for the van, the ATS module could be acting up and engaging the ATS all on it's own.

Old 11-28-2016, 02:53 PM
Ccwriter1

Thanks Alloro, I'll look into that. The keyless entry fob had been missing for about 6 years, but I hunted it up, can't get it to work. I made sure that I had good batteries in it. Seems strange that it no longer works. My wife carried the fob, I just had a key to the van so when I took it over I never got it.

Old 11-30-2016, 10:31 PM
funair02
All Star

Id have to look, but there is a programming sequence for the keyless system.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:51 AM
blackvan
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are the RKE programming reset instructions for a 2000 ram van WITHOUT factory vehicle theft security system.

1. First locate the dark green wire (should be cavity 1) on the 16 pin ODBII connector. Ground this wire. Insert key, turn ignition to on. Power locks will cycle , meaning they lock then unlock to verify you have done this correctly.

2. a Depress either button on keyless remote. power locks will cycle again to confirm.

2. b If you have a 2nd keyless fob, repeat above.

3. Disconnect program enable wire (green wire) from ground.

4. Turn ignition off, remove key.

Test remotes. If they don't work, return to the beginning and repeat.

Last edited by blackvan; 12-15-2016 at 09:55 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Adam Sorensen (07-01-2020)
Old 12-15-2016, 11:57 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The older PCMs used to do this when the battery was puled down slowly to dead. But I've never seen a JTech do this? Weird. I wonder if your Central timer module is feeding the theft build to the PCM? See if your Dodge guy can go into the CTM and DISABLE VTSS.

Old 01-04-2017, 08:54 AM
blackvan
All Star

I'm thinking TNtech was probably on the right track, but just for my database did you ever resolve this issue?

Old 03-10-2021, 12:52 AM
lator
Default Ecu?

If you replaced the computer, than the computer you replaced it with might have been programed for anti theft, connect to the obd or directly to the computer and disable this feature. If you are not good with computers, or dont believe that you know what your looking at, please take it to a pro as engine computers can be very sinsitave and extremely picky.

Quick Reply: Anti theft code on none anti theft van