Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Intake issue . . .

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 10:32 AM
Dorfnair
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake issue . . .

Vehicle - 1997 Dodge B3500 5.2 Roadtrek RV conversion van. My mechanic has informed me I have a vacuum leak at the intake manifold (engine idles @ 1000+/- rpm, idle throttle valve okay) and that I may need replacement manifold, a no longer available Chrysler part; are they available elsewhere?

Any insights in general relative to this issue? I am confident he knows his "stuff." He has suggested I may end up just "living" with the high idle due to age and availability of parts. I would rather not!

Thanks!

Old 01-22-2017, 08:36 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/p...p?partid=27091

I would say he doesn't know his stuff! If so he would have known about the plenum issue. Can find used manifolds on craigs list all day long.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:33 AM
nibroc
Veteran
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

318 parts are plentiful--enjoy that roadtreck

Old 01-24-2017, 02:29 PM
Dorfnair
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plenum

Nibroc - Re Roadtrek, I do! Being a 318 is part of the positive aspects.

Moparite - My research generated some good input about plenums which I shared with mechanic. As soon as I mentioned it, it all came back and he vigorously agreed, that's the problem. I truly believe he just didn't think of it. I've "been there, done that too." I think that's called can't see the forest for the trees. A plenum repair kit is somewhere between parts supplier and my residence as we speak.

To both thanks for the response.