Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

I want to PIMP my ride...

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 05:50 PM
ckeck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to PIMP my ride...

Hey everyone, I have a couple of questions and would appreciate any input...

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport (Quad Cab):

I almost traded it in to get a new vehicle, but I decided to put that off for a while since it has been such a good truck and still runs great. I have a couple of grand (about $4k) that I would like to invest into overhauling this truck.

There are currently no mods except a K&N air filter I installed.

What I would like to do if lift it up a bit (it is 2WD...don't laugh). Definately a suspention lift 3-5' and I need some new tires and wheels. I don't go off road much, so I would like some tires that are ok for the road as well, yet very nice looking off road style...and not 4 feet wide either

Also wanted to do some performance mods since my mpg isn't very good and when I push the pedal, it gulps the gas. What would be a good exhaust system that doesn't hurt the ears but sounds clean/mean. I also wanted to get a cold air filter kit? Are those a good investment? Also, any other little things that I could do...please let me know...

Other than all that I am going to get a spray in bed liner, new tool box, etc...

My truck is ALL black (sport package) and I was curious about getting a grill guard as well, which would probably look good with the truck being lifted and all...but which type? I have the sport front bumper and I don't think a full bumper replacement would look that good...

I know this is a lot of information, and I really appreciate any input. If you need any other info, let me know...

-Chad

P.S. I was also thinking about getting some subwoofers put in my truck...finally...but which type would work the best? Not much room avaliable...thanks again!

Old 06-26-2005, 04:24 AM
Trippen
Professional
Default RE: I want to PIMP my ride...

Well If you were pimpin it I would drop it....Not a real fan of a dropped Pickup but thats pimpin......As for a lift and suggestions on a 2wd truck there are many many kits oth there. Back in the late 80's it was real popular to take a 2wd and turn it into a Pre-Runner which was what some Baja Racers built a 2wd truck to test suspension and motors with out the wear and tear on a 4wd systems....Even Toyota got into the act and put into production a Pre-runner P/u for the market. This all happend when Ivan Stewart won like 5 Baja 1000's in a row..The pre runner market boomed. Still goes strong out west. Some of the parts that were prerunner style are bed stiffners the front bumper that has a skid plate protecting the front suspension, a Roll bar with a spare tire in the center of the bed mounted at an angle.All of these items look great on a 2wd or a 4wd.

http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/brandpa...31_0401_susp1/

check out the pics from an article in Petersons 4 Wheel and off road Sept 03. Enjoy....

[IMG]local://upfiles/17489/C279B7067929478AA03A41C0FC0DFEC9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-26-2005, 12:16 PM
4DrMopar
Captain

Nice article ... forgot about Jinxy.... when that article came out, I was heavy into my lifted cherokee's...... I fould a LOT of cool sites and places that relaly work with the Ram owners....I say give Rough country a try... I know they make 2wd kits, as one was mistakenly sent to me first

The 3" kit with lift spindles are $310
the 3" kit with Spindles are $419
both have optional add ons you can get too....

Fabteck offers a 3" or 6" system

Old 06-28-2005, 05:57 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

Save the money for your new truck. Invest it and make a few hundred...the best part is its like a few hundred for free, except all the tax stuff. But, it is still money that you'd gain instead of spending all the money on your truck and not getting more than 1/2 of the "upgrades" when you went to trade it in.

Old 07-25-2005, 04:54 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How you forget about me? I'd like to know about the exhust too I hear a lot of sweet Rams around here but mines real quiet. Does people just run cat backs or is it full exhust

Old 07-30-2005, 07:42 PM
cantloseon22s

i have some 22" 150 spoke rims with toyo proxes for sale if you want to pimp out your truck

Old 07-30-2005, 10:51 PM
ross944
Veteran

the cheapest car to drive is the one you already have....Keep your truck and pimp it out. As for me, if I had 4grand to play with I would definitely do the lift, nothing more than 5 inches for a 2wd. A bull bar with some lights mounted. Or just a light bar for the prerunner look. Here are my suggestions for places to get your stuff:

Push/Bull Bar

Rough Country Lift Kit

Wheel and Tire packages

Have fun.[8D]

PS. for exhaust youre usually better off goin to your local shop and gettin a package from them, its almost always cheaper that way for the same thing.

Quick Reply: I want to PIMP my ride...