Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

More Ram Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles Hit the Streets

Old 08-15-2011, 06:12 PM
DodgeForum Editor
DF Editor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Ram Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles Hit the Streets

Check out BadStratRT's homepage article about the latest Ram PHEV's to hit the streets. What do you think about the idea of the Ram 1500 going electric?

Old 08-15-2011, 10:53 PM
TheycallmeLaramie
Veteran

I think people with the RAM aren't trying to be fuel efficient. Sure we would like to be, but our dakota friends with much less weight are a better target consumer group, IMO. We just want a bigger motor and a supercharger .Guess dodge needs to jump up the lowest mpg vehicle to compete, oh well.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:34 AM
IamFrank
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be EXTREMELY interested in this RAM. Gas mileage should be of the utmost importance to auto manufacturers. The MDS is a joke; giving real life drivers zero benefit. A Hybrid Ram that still has power to haul and tow would be huge. Not to mention we could have near the gas-saving benefits as the Prius guys without selling our souls to the lame Gods. I love my RAM, and thus far I've been calling the horrendous gas mileage a "fun tax" but truth be told, I will buy the first truck, Dodge or not, that makes REAL progress in full size pickup gas mileage.

On a side note, it would also be great if Dodge would put more than 74% domestic parts into their vehicles. Sadly, because the cutoff for a vehicle to be considered domestic is 75%, our Dodge Rams are technically considered imported now...

Old 08-20-2011, 01:05 PM
kev12345

Originally Posted by IamFrank
Not to mention we could have near the gas-saving benefits as the Prius guys without selling our souls to the lame Gods. I love my RAM, and thus far I've been calling the horrendous gas mileage a "fun tax" but truth be told, I will buy the first truck, Dodge or not, that makes REAL progress in full size pickup gas mileage.
my second vehicle is a prius. once you have an extremely fuel efficient car like that, its tough to justify driving anything else. I do need a truck but I don't care about a truck with the lowest zero to 60 times or 800hp. Give me something that is good on gas with enough torque to haul a load of construction material and tow a boat. A hybrid drivetrain would be perfect for this application if they size the electric motor correctly.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:03 PM
TXDodgeMan
Default Interesting.

I'm glad to see they produced a test bed before going into full production of these vehicles. I'd hate to see more money and effort wasted on pushing out a bunch of vehicles nobody wants becuase they can't perform to the user's needs and the steering wheel falls off. Get the tests done, make adjustments as needed to fit the user's requirements rather than a government mandate, make it affordable and put it on the lot.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: More Ram Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles Hit the Streets