Go Back   DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Ram
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.

Sponsored by: Jet Performance Products

New SRT Ram on the Way?

Old 08-23-2011, 05:12 PM
IB Staff
Garage is empty, add now

Default New SRT Ram on the Way?

Check out BadStratRT's homepage article about the possibility of a Ram 1500 SRT! I'll ask you the same question he asked Ralph Gilles: Do you see a business case and demand for an SRT variant of the Ram 1500?
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!
Old 08-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Rookie
Garage is empty, add now

I would love to see a new variant of the RAM SRT, whether it be 10 cyclinder or a SC'd 6.4L. I am current owner of a 2005 QC. That transmission should never have been put it that vehicle. If my truck were not an SRT I would have gotten rid of it long ago. I have had nothing but problems with it. All related to driveline and transmission.

The sad thing is that I love the truck but just wish it had been put together the right way and just seemingly thrown together.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Professional
2009 Dodge Avenger
My Garage

Vehicle: Dodge Dakota R/T 5.9 club cab

i would love to see a new srt ram! in fact i would probably buy two! (im completely serious) I would assume it would come with the 6.4 hemi since it makes pretty damn near what the viper engine made for the srt10 ram back in the day. as far as the auto transmission goes, maybe they could incorporate the new "8 speed auto" thats supposed to come out for the charger late this year. who knows?! but what ever the boys down in the lab at srt and mopar decide to do, i know it will be great.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Rookie
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: '05 Caravan SXT, '98 Neon DOHC 5-sp, '08 Jetta 5-sp, '06 GTO 6-sp

They would make more money per SRT truck than a SRT Neon type car, but they'll probbaly sell more SRT-4's than SRT Rams.

Anyone ever run their SRT-10 pick-up on a road course? How did it do?

My son's SRT-4 (Neon) did quite well at Summit Point.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Captain
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Dakota 4x4 7.2l 6-Speed Manual (Yeah it got a Stick) 1995 Ram 1500 2wd 318 Autotragic

Well, my big beef is this, so often companies will produce a "high performance" vehicle and then only offer an automatic behind it.

IF, and only if they make a manual variant with a 6.4, would I consider it.

Honestly they have all the parts, use the 6 speed out of the cummins, it can handle it. I would love to see a 4 wheel version too, but I doubt that happening. I honestly kinda doubt the 6 speed happening.

I would drop cash now to get a New Ram with a 6.4 hemi, 6 Speed manual, and a manual shift transfer case. I would be all over that like white on rice. My only beef then would be to make sure those ram boxes can be removed ewwww.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Garage is empty, add now

dont flame me but as a ford man and dodge man,i would love to buy a srt ram.im also 61 so i think its needs to be the a short bed,automatic,392 hemi,and try to price it around 40,000.i have a ford lightning and would love to have the dodge to go with it.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:12 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Talking Build it!

bring it on...6.4 normally aspirated

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Veteran
Garage is empty, add now

I would love to see an all wheel drive 6.4 SRT 8 Ram like the Jeep. That thing would launch pretty nice!
Old 09-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Amateur
Garage is empty, add now

My 2005 was the most fun vehicle I've own. Make it with cylinder shut down like on the hemi and I'll order it tomorrow.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:21 PM
Veteran
2007 Dodge Ram 1500
My Garage

Vehicle: 2007 RAM QC 1500
Send a message via Yahoo to davb673

I vote for the return of the Viper truck, 10 cylinders and all. My 4.7L truck will be paid off soon, and I really like the RAM SRT-10. Please don't stick a dogamatic tranny in it; six speed manual all the way, whether single or quad cab. How about some SRT exclusive Centerline wheels (they are forged and light), Katskin seat covers (maybe), a dyno-tuned exhaust, a driver's side dual AeroForce Interceptor A-pillar, and the same aerodynamics reduction focus the last SRT got? RAM brand, are you listening??
2007 Inferno Red Quad Cab 4.7L Flex-Fuel 2wd w/dogamatic trans / TRANSGO shift kit / LEER XR topper / Filtermag SS375 / HO cams / power wire / Flowmaster Ypipe / POWERTRAX Lock-Rite / Taurus Efan / Mobil1 5w-30 new steel intake Wife's car: 2008 Avenger / 2.4L 4cyl / Mobil1 5W-30 / OBDuino / 37mpg highway!!
Old 09-14-2011, 09:21 PM

Tags
ram 1500 srt