Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Weird fuel issue, please help if u got time.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 09:53 AM
Adam411
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird fuel issue, please help if u got time.

After I fixed an oil leak on the camshaft gasket, I decided to replace my VP 44 with a brand-new VP 44, I replaced the side frame fuel pump with a Fass fuel system, new fuel lines from the fuel filter all the way back to the fuel tank, and I'm not completely sure on this but I do have a brand-new lift pump inside my fuel tank that is still active, i've been told that that needs to be disconnected and I've also told that it doesn't need to be disconnected. But anyway here's my issue, the truck will start cold any time I want it to, sure fire every time, but if I drive it long enough to where it's just barely getting warm and then I shut it off to go into a store or something, when I go to started again it won't start. It'll hard start to hell and back and won't start. But I discovered after playing with all kinds of different formulas, if I remove the fuel filter a bunch of air pressure is released, then I turn the key on to start the pump, and the fuelfilter canister will load, I screwed it Back down, and then it starts right up!! Can anyone please help me with this issue??

Old 07-27-2014, 10:52 AM
AKERS MARINE

You have a bad connection between the fuel tank and the intake side of the Fass fuel pump. This is sucking air into the fuel system. Check all connections for tightness and check O-rings at fuel tank feed line connector

Old 07-28-2014, 08:48 AM
Adam411

Have you heard of this problem before..? No fuel leaks, I wonder if this has something to do with the wrong style of banjo bolt in the field filter.

Last edited by Adam411; 07-28-2014 at 09:20 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:36 PM
AKERS MARINE

Did you use the copper washers on both sides of the banjo?

Quick Reply: Weird fuel issue, please help if u got time.