Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

custom headlight issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 11:21 PM
ramlover86
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default custom headlight issues

I have a 2010 ram 1500 crew cab with a 4.7 L V8 and I put custom halo headlights in my truck and now the relays do alto of buzzing and sometimes one headlight will not come on until I flip the light on and off a few times and when they come on and they flicker when they first come on also I can't switch to my highbeems or one or both lights won't come on and they flicker like a old florescent light when they first kick on aswell

Old 02-26-2015, 02:01 AM
pransya901

Have you tried looking into this page:
http://www.aa1car.com/library/troubl...headlights.htm

I think they have detailed troubleshooting information. Hope this would help.

Oh by the way, may I know where did you buy the product? Was it from a dealer or online auto parts warehouse store? more customers reviews are already surfacing that the products delivered to them are defective.

Thanks

Last edited by pransya901; 02-27-2015 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:09 AM
timmypstyle
Rookie

Originally Posted by ramlover86
I have a 2010 ram 1500 crew cab with a 4.7 L V8 and I put custom halo headlights in my truck and now the relays do alto of buzzing and sometimes one headlight will not come on until I flip the light on and off a few times and when they come on and they flicker when they first come on also I can't switch to my highbeems or one or both lights won't come on and they flicker like a old florescent light when they first kick on aswell
1 did you make sure the aftermarket headlights are compatible?

2 are you talking about your actual headlights or the halos doing these strange things?

3 the relays...are they boxes? Could be a power inverter. Ebay has some or look online. I had halos on my f150 and had one halo stop working and it had no external relays or boxes but never got it fixed.

4 also how do you have them hooked up? Mine came with plugs to plug into the parking lights to come on with the parking lights but I cut off the plugs and ran wire for a toggle switch so I could have them on whenever I wanted. It saves on the halos being on with the headlights for all that time since nobody can see the halos with the headlights on.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:13 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

As stated in the thread right above yours, nothing gets posted here. Please find the appropriate technical section for the year of your vehicle and post your question there.

Quick Reply: custom headlight issues