Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

HEMI oil change

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 09:05 PM
SHAPman
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HEMI oil change

Wow and I thought I got hot sometimes. But really from one who used to actually builds the hemis little brother the 4.7, I would change the oil before I even left the dealership. That is if I owned the car, I lease so I could care less. The reason being is during production metal shavings are all over the machined parts. Yes most are clean, but some do slip through the cracks.

Dodgemech, man you are not helping the case against the service departments. I mean saying the owners manual is useless?? So nothing is right in there? Come on man, plus you don't know who really puts them together. Yes its a team of engineers, but also factory techs, and yes even some dealer personnal from around the metro detroit area.

Is there a break-in, yes, but not the your father taught you. Drive it like you stole it, only if you leased it.

Old 07-25-2004, 07:38 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now that's pretty f'd up. Anybody that knows anything about the Roadrunners knows that the '68 Roadrunner basically is a Belvedere with a police package. I have overheard and had to deal with alot of morons that think they know their sh*t and said my Roadrunner is a Satellite. If they knew their a** from a hole in the ground, all they would have to do is look at my VIN number and see that the second digit is M which is the code for a Roadrunner in '71. I too have gotten very PO'd by these low grade morons, especially when confronted with the truth and they keep up with their "wealth of knowledge".[sm=smiley35.gif][sm=smiley7.gif][sm=smiley7.gif][sm=smiley7.gif] Your not alone in this, trust me.

Old 07-25-2004, 06:55 PM
nmason
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just read this entire thread and now i also feel the need to rant a little.

ive never, i mean NEVER, dealt with any mechanic from a dealership. parts yes, but never the mechanics. ever most of the guys working the parts counter now think they run the whole place, so i just order online most of the time.

the point of my rant now is the ******** at canadian tire. i went int here today to get some ventshades for my 96 ram. i wanted to new qwuick-click ones that go in the window channel. i wanted him to order me some. told me they are not available, so i asked him to just check for me and he told me "NO" and walked off. so i called ventshade and asked if they were available there. they said they definately were, but only a special order at the moment. so i went back and asked him again, then told him ventshade said yes too, he just looked at me for a mintes them left. bastard.

but you get the same **** at the GM or FORD dealerships too. its not that none of them know what theyre talking about, its just that the ones that do know all are not the ones going around flapping their jaws about it all day.

anyway, back to the oil question, change it. personally i use diesel oil only, in the 96ram, in the 93 spirit, even in the 85 BMW 535i. any lab tests always show diesel oil to be the best oil. just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: HEMI oil change