Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

03 2500 rear seat headrest

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 12:03 AM
Guanaco
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 2500 rear seat headrest

I have an '03 2500 with no back seat headrests. The lack of headrests was not a problem until my kids got out of their child seats and started using booster seats. With no headrests the heads are right up against the rear window. I'm afraid they will be serioulsy hurt or at least hurt more than necessary if I get rear ended, even at a low speed. My question is if there are any products or kits out there to address this problem. A new rear seat (the whole thing) cost about 3 grand from the dealer, and of course it would have to be from a newer model, so I'm not even sure it would be compatible.

Thanks.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:45 PM
rumpumpkin
Rookie
Default RE: 03 2500 rear seat headrest

While I don't have an answer for you, I thought you might like to know that I share your concerns. I'm in the market for a new truck, and have been considering the new Dodge Quad cab. The good news is that Dodge solved this problem for rear, outboard passengers. Unfortunately, the rear center seat is still without a headrest (although Mega cabs have headrests in all 3 rear positions). Having 3 kids, this is a concern for me. It really makes no sense why they would skimp on a seemingly simple, yet effective safety measure. Or, why for that matter, this hasn't been addressed earlier.

Anyway, I would suggest simply stopping by a local custom auto upholstery shop. I'm betting this would be a pretty simple modification. You may only need to purchase the headrests.

Old 11-03-2006, 08:57 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 223 Likes on 208 Posts

go to a wrecking yards and search for an '05 rear seat that matches your interior. you should be able to get it far cheeper than $3k

Old 11-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Guanaco

Thanks for your help

Quick Reply: 03 2500 rear seat headrest