Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

96 RAM 3500 - Brake Controller wiring

Old 07-28-2004, 02:45 PM
jiaram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 RAM 3500 - Brake Controller wiring

I just bought a 96 model RAM 3500 with tow pckg. Can somebody tell my where do I have to look for the wiring to connect an electric brake controller ?

Old 07-28-2004, 05:40 PM
BULLDOG
Rookie
Default RE: 96 RAM 3500 - Brake Controller wiring

Well take a look in the manual if you have one. I have a 2000, and my truck came with a pigtail that I could wire to the controller, and then plug into the factory harness. That connector (on my truck) is located up underneath the dash near the emergency brake lever, it is light blue. Hope this helps.

Old 07-28-2004, 07:11 PM
jiaram

Yeah, I had a Ford truck that came with that came with a similar set and a couple of relays, and explanation separate from the manual. I guess the previous owner installed everything but did not save the literature. I will look underneath the dash as you suggest. Thank you much. You wouldn't know of a website where they might have any written instructions, would you?

Old 07-28-2004, 08:45 PM
BULLDOG
Rookie

Right off hand I do not, but these are reasonably simple to install. What I can do that is easy is: fax, scan, or take a picture of what I have here. It would make it super easy if you can confirm that you have the same set-up. i can send the ligature that came with my truck.
Mine also has the addition (factory) to use the brake monitoring system. So you don't have to slide the lever over every time you need to activate the breaks.

Let me know how I can help.

Old 07-29-2004, 07:06 PM
jiaram

I'm gonna try to work it out thru the brake controller manufacturer. I found some instructions but if I need a picture I'll bother you.
Thanks again for the exchange.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 96 RAM 3500 - Brake Controller wiring