Dodge Sprinter The Dodge Sprinter is all function, with styling cues from the Dodge Truck line, it makes the workaholic's job much easier. Check out the Dodge Sprinter in showrooms today!

Dodge Sprinter Turbo Resonator/Manifold Failure

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 06:19 PM
bnewland
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Sprinter Turbo Resonator/Manifold Failure

How many Sprinter owners have experienced failure of the Turbo Resonator/Manifold? Is there a case for a class action lawsuit to correct this dangerous failure mode? When the Turbo dies the Sprinter immediately loses power and present a hazard to vehicles and trucks that may be following.

I cannot get any response from Winnebago Itasca or Dodge Customer Service. I am unable to find contact information for a technical person at Dodge to simply answer questions. Can anyone out there suggest a source of contact information or perhaps even a solution? I have heard that there may be a Turbo Resonator Eliminator available somewhere but do not have any contact info.

I would appreciate any feedback regarding this failure mode.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:42 PM
2confussed
Default RE: Dodge Sprinter Turbo Resonator/Manifold Failure

Hey bnewland. I own a 2006 sprinter 2500C van...at 65kmiles blew out my first resonator and I found a great replacement over at upscaleauto.com its made out of aluminum instead of the crappy plastic oem.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:14 AM
mtngoatbb
Default RE: Dodge Sprinter Turbo Resonator/Manifold Failure

resonators go, but a lawsuit? people are too sue happy in this country...100k mile warranty, get it fixed and move on, if your brakes wear out like they do on all sprinters eventually should we sue too? i mean they were squeeking, i could be distracted and crash...

Old 06-22-2016, 11:22 AM
Candyce

After having 4 turbo resonators break. We found one made of metal. I called the dodge dealer in Peteluma, Ca who we have always dealt with and never got a call back. We had bought a transmission from them and paid them for fixes all these years. No respect!
Know one ever told us about a turbo resonator that wouldn't break.
It hasn't even been a yr that I broke down in MT. When will they pay me back? Peteluma,ca manager after two try's did answer his phone.
It's not the service that's the problem,the part is NO GOOD!

Last edited by Candyce; 06-22-2016 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:33 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Candyce
After having 4 turbo resonators break. We found one made of metal. I called the dodge dealer in Peteluma, Ca who we have always dealt with and never got a call back. We had bought a transmission from them and paid them for fixes all these years. No respect!
Know one ever told us about a turbo resonator that wouldn't break.
It hasn't even been a yr that I broke down in MT. When will they pay me back? Peteluma,ca manager after two try's did answer his phone.
It's not the service that's the problem,the part is NO GOOD!

Sell it.

BTW, this thread is 9 years old.

Quick Reply: Dodge Sprinter Turbo Resonator/Manifold Failure