Dodge Sprinter The Dodge Sprinter is all function, with styling cues from the Dodge Truck line, it makes the workaholic's job much easier. Check out the Dodge Sprinter in showrooms today!

Engine trouble code

Old 11-12-2008, 11:14 PM
catbed
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine trouble code

my dads 06 sprinter is throwing a trouble code. i dont know the number but what it is "intake air temperature 1/2 correlation" what does that mean and how can i fix it? also, sometimes when you start the truck, the turbo doesnt spool when you drive. if you restart the van, the turbo spools. could the DTC cause this?

Old 12-02-2008, 07:42 AM
onephatcracka
Rookie

i haven't logged on here in awile and this topic caught my eye. I have ran into this code in a couple of diffrent ways. The deffinition is basically saying there is huge difference that the computer is seeing between the ambient temp sensor in the front liscense plate and the intake air temp sensor near the boost pressure sensor on the drivers side intercooler hose. a couple items i have run into:

1. ambient temp sensor damaged or something leaking on it
2. intake air temp sensor damaged.
3. I have had one case where someone had put an aftermarket battery in and pinched one of the wires that goes from the intake sensor to the ecm under the dash. the harness actually runs behind the battery and the to the firewall through a big hunk of mess above it.

also to answer your question about the turbo spooling. no. but it does have an effect ot make it run into limp mode because of this fault. which may seem ot the driver that way. The intake air temp alows the computer to calculte a/f ratio. If it sees something crazy like -40 or 5000 degrees (which is an open/ short) then it will degrade the engine preformance so no harm will occur.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:11 PM
catbed

thanks for the info! will check those sensors.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Engine trouble code