Dodge Sprinter The Dodge Sprinter is all function, with styling cues from the Dodge Truck line, it makes the workaholic's job much easier. Check out the Dodge Sprinter in showrooms today!

Diesel Particulate Filter Prices

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 12:23 AM
greatstone
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diesel Particulate Filter Prices

I recently had a client who not long ago got a refurbished Dodge Sprinter 2500 motor and determined he found it necessary to replace the Diesel Particulate Filtration system (DPF). I had never heard of it before and so I needed to get on Bing to understand exactly what it was. When I found out, I assumed it could be two hundred dollars maximum. Man, we were both equally in for a surprise.

A brand new DPF cost about $3500, there is a non-oem vendor that produces one for approximately $1500. Even calling around to the yards, a remanufactured one was going to be $1,000. Even if he got a used one he would be required to pay an extra $350 to have the various smoke washed out of the old DPF just before he could be able to use the thing.

Some advice for all you Sprinter truck drivers around, manage your DPF, carry out all the reccomended regeneration rotations and have it cleaned out once in a while, or else, your looking at a good wad of money to buy a brand new one.

Last edited by master tech; 03-17-2012 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Web link
Old 07-07-2012, 11:41 AM
ALASKAPF-185

Seems you covered the good and the bad, and the only options out there. There is a company out of Indiana that makes a serviceable unit with flanges on the ends. I can't believe it but it seems the going rate is $1000 to get them cleaned. The best thing to keep them clean is using the correct DPF approved oil and the best fuel source you can. Even then there are many clogging up in 100,000 miles. Seems the drivers who run the snot out of them or do mostly expressway speeds are getting longer life. Another option ( don't know it I can call it an option for us) but over in Europe somewhere they have the option of deleting them along with EGR in some cases. They just have to pay the extra road tax, which is far less than the price of a new unit. They also are getting a 10%-25% increase in economy depending on what the van is currently doing. Then you can run the cheaper non-DPF oil, and oil changes last much longer 22,500- 28,000 km. Or 15-20,000 miles.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:06 PM
smokemandan
Default DPF Modular Serviceable Unit

I found the company out of Indiana that is selling the Modular DPF's.

Looks like the price is not bad compared to the Refurbs that are only welded.

Here it is. http://hdfilters.com/mercedes-sprinter/

Old 07-23-2013, 04:50 PM
wjrollins
Default Got my sprinter dpf cleaned for $300.00

Hey just to let you know i got my dpf and catalyst cleaned by a company out in connecticut 800-634-3010 took them about a day and a half in house but they got it out the next day fed-ex back $36.00 . They dont sell new ones and they only clean the one you got so i'm happy about that . Dealer wanted $2300.00 could have gone aftermarket but no-one could talk them up so i got mine cleaned. I put a mark with a dremmel tool so i could tell if i got mine and yeah i got mine. Talk to a lady named hattie-jane which is the owners wife . dpfregeneration.com is the website

Quick Reply: Diesel Particulate Filter Prices