Dodge Sprinter The Dodge Sprinter is all function, with styling cues from the Dodge Truck line, it makes the workaholic's job much easier. Check out the Dodge Sprinter in showrooms today!

06 Sprinter transmission problem(unusual)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 10:57 PM
garage1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Sprinter transmission problem(unusual)

We have a shop, had a customer bring in an 06' Sprinter with 2.7 diesel with a clogged radiator. Ordered a new radiator, drove the Sprinter into my shop, swapped it out. When we got ready for the road test, it would not move! No forward, No reverse......nothing. Put the scan tool on it.....no codes, engine or transmission. Checked the electronic gear selector and it is working properly. The data feed to the actual tranny is incorrect. It will show that the tranny is in neutral according to my scan tool, while the gear selector says it is in drive. We also took the cooler lines off, and it is not pumping. Does that mean taht the pump went out while we were changing the radiator???!

The van had no previous indications of transmission problems, no slippage, no hard shifts!

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Old 07-23-2013, 10:22 AM
garage1

Anyone??

Old 09-25-2013, 10:45 AM
MariaJose

What makes a sprinter transmission so good? I mean, it's not a regular transmission, right? http://www.sprintertransmissions.net

Quick Reply: 06 Sprinter transmission problem(unusual)