Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Alarm and Starting Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 06:41 AM
big_pappa_smurrf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm and Starting Problems

I've had my car for a couple of weeks now and when I got it , the car had an alarm installed but it didn't work. Just the other way as I was heading home, I heard a beep and realized it was my alarm. When I got home, I parked my car and went inside to get my wallet to pump gas. All of a sudden, when I open the door, the alarm goes off like crazy. My remote did nothing and it was getting pretty loud. The only thing I could do was unplug the battery, but when I plugged the battery back in, the alarm would go off again. Resorting to disconnecting the horn, I realized that the car would not start. The only way I can start the car is if I have someone by the battery and connect it, while I press on the clutch. The car starts, but as soon as it's turned off, it won't start, all I can hear is the clicking sound. Can anyone tell me what I have to do?

Old 10-28-2007, 12:28 AM
daisy92
Default RE: Alarm and Starting Problems

there should be a switch underneath the dashboard. usually at the kick panel or somewhere.it happened to my car already. goodluck!

Old 10-29-2007, 11:59 AM
yevgenievich
Captain

you can try geting a new remote or take the alrm off. one of the buttons went dead on my remote so i took it apart and solderedone of the buttons that i never used.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Street_Challenged73

As already mentioned, there should be a "valet" switch under the dash that'll allow you to turn off the alarm, yet allow the car to acknowledge that it isn't being stolen.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:36 AM
xcrashx

I know you said it had an alarm installed but if it goes off again try shutting it off by locking and unlocking your driver door with the key...My stealth had a factory alarm i believe and that was the only way to get it to stop.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:37 AM
whitey97
Professional

or else you could always pay someone on the side that works at an alarm install place to take a look at it and see what's wrong, it's probably a simple fix. I know with mine, my ground wire was just worked itself loose after 4 years, i had a buddy take a look at it. bam done

Quick Reply: Alarm and Starting Problems