Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Ran out of fuel, now wont start. Help

Old 03-15-2010, 07:06 PM
DrkSyde
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ran out of fuel, now wont start. Help

I have a 01 Stealth RT, the car was running fine until I ran out of gas, I put a 4th tank of gas back in the fuel tank, but it seems like the engines not getting fuel. If someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Also let me add, I've put starter fluid in the carb and it runs until it burns out fluid, so I guess its safe to say that its getting spark, just no fuel.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:47 AM
toddrs93
Rookie

Originally Posted by DrkSyde
I have a 01 Stealth RT, the car was running fine until I ran out of gas, I put a 4th tank of gas back in the fuel tank, but it seems like the engines not getting fuel. If someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. Also let me add, I've put starter fluid in the carb and it runs until it burns out fluid, so I guess its safe to say that its getting spark, just no fuel.
You mean a 91?
If it ran fine before and it really simply just ran out of gas its possible you fouled the plugs. Try changing the spark plugs. If not you need to find out if there is fuel spraying or not. If the plugs are wet after cranking and the cylinder smells strong of fuel then you are getting gas.

Old 03-19-2010, 04:38 AM
DrkSyde

Lol. Oops, yea 91. I'm pretty sure its getting spark, because when I shoot carb or stater fluid into the carb it fires up immediately, but after it burns out there's no fuel to keep it going.... I'm not smelling any fuel whatsoever, I've even taken a fuel hose off and did smell any fuel there neither.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ran out of fuel, now wont start. Help