Go Back   DodgeForum.com > Dodge Cars > Dodge Stealth
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Transmission Issues/ Loud grinding/growling noise w/ acceleration

Old 07-17-2010, 01:12 AM

Question Transmission Issues/ Loud grinding/growling noise w/ acceleration

Does anybody know anyone in the st louis area that knows theese cars well? I just bought a 94 RT TT, supposed to be in excellent condition and on my way home from Florida realized it was not even close to the excellent condition I was told it was.

Problem 1) 2nd gear scratch every shift (was told was likely the syncroniser) Reverse only works about 10% of the time. It grinds and I even have to hold it in gear at times.. other times it shifts flawlessly.

Problem 2) Loud grinding/howling noise comming from the front end that seems to get louder w/ acceleration. The transmission shop I looked into says it is not related to the trani..

Theese are the major concerns of mine, however there are sevral other issues w/ the car. If anyone knows anybody in st louis or in the surrounding areas please let me know. I am looking for someone who deals w/ theese cars on a regular basis and is not going to play guessing games that cost me more than I already have in the car. I paid well over blur book for the car because the body was in excellent condition and I was lead to believe the car had been meticulisly maintained. Strange thing.. the reverse worked fine the 1st day. by day 2 I was stuggeling to get it in gear. Please help!
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!
Old 07-17-2010, 01:12 AM